Question Is this Karaoke mixer worth getting ?

DJM1976

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

At this present time I have a Desktop HTPC connected to my TV via a Denon AVR-X2000 AV Receiver & am interested in having a Karaoke set up in my home. I was wondering if this Mixer is worth getting as an addition to my existing equipment, or if I should be looking at a separate set up ?

Many Thanks :)

'Karaoke' usually suggests 'party time' - which in turn usually results in blown speakers when you use Hi-Fi/Home Theatre kit!

It all depends on how you are using the kit and what Loudspeakers you have!

A budget Karaoke system may be the better/safer solution.

Joe

'Karaoke' usually suggests 'party time' - which in turn usually results in blown speakers when you use Hi-Fi/Home Theatre kit!

It all depends on how you are using the kit and what Loudspeakers you have!

A budget Karaoke system may be the better/safer solution.

Joe

Hi there, thank you for the advice, It is just for general use maybe my partner & me using it when there is nothing on TV, or if we have a couple of friends over for the evening. I know there are budget kits, but I really like the look of being able to manage the songs on the PC, so am guessing that plugging it into some active speakers would be better than into the home theatre, or have a Non PC set up like this plugged into active speakers.

By all means if there are any alternative systems that are decent enough, have the key change facility etc, then I am all open to ideas.

John

If the Karaoke 'head' unit you link too ticks all the box's I would consider adding in a budget powered Speaker or Speakers and avoid plugging it to my Hi-Fi/Home Theatre system.

A half decent powered 'PA' type monitor can cost under a £100 (new) or go hunting in your local Cash Converter!

Joe

If the Karaoke 'head' unit you link too ticks all the box's I would consider adding in a budget powered Speaker or Speakers and avoid plugging it to my Hi-Fi/Home Theatre system.

A half decent powered 'PA' type monitor can cost under a £100 (new) or go hunting in your local Cash Converter!

Joe

Thanks for that, I had completely forgotten about a PA monitor, despite me seeing them at a local karaoke that I sometimes go to, I always assumed they were really expensive, but you have proved me wrong there. So for under £200 I can get the PA Monitor & the Karaoke player that I posted and then just use the video in connection on my TV to display the lyrics or just pick up a cheap TFT monitor which is able to make it a completely independent system to my home theatre.

John

Ensure it is an 'active' (self powered) PA monitor - preferably with line and mic inputs and some basic controls - the box MA100

Joe

Now that does look really good and well within my price range for both the Speaker and multiformat CDG player. By all means I will start off using it connected to my TV & then maybe get a TFT for it in the future.

After doing a tonne of research I decided that I would build up my own Karaoke set up using a Laptop with Karaoke Hosting software as that would give me better search options & can do more than a standard CDG player. I have ordered myself a Behringer QX1002USB mixer which I can then output to Active speakers as well as input my Yamaha keyboard :). Would the box MA100 work well plugged into the mixer ?

Hi there, thank you for the advice, It is just for general use maybe my partner & me using it when there is nothing on TV, or if we have a couple of friends over for the evening. I know there are budget kits, but I really like the look of being able to manage the songs on the PC, so am guessing that plugging it into some active speakers would be better than into the home theatre, or have a Non PC set up like this
By all means if there are any alternative systems that are decent enough, have the key change facility etc, then I am all open to ideas.

John

Does that advice still work?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom