Is this good starter gaming PC

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The largest factor in gaming performance is the graphics card, which isn't listed in your image.

Also, it doesn't give any models of the components but the picture is a ~2012 Dell Optiplex Medium tower so rather an old machine.

How much does a brand new machine with an entry level Ryzen G-suffix CPU like a 4350G or 3400G cost? They'll play a decent chunk of new games and the general system is capable enough to be worth putting in a better graphics card if desired.

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
The largest factor in gaming performance is the graphics card, which isn't listed in your image.

Also, it doesn't give any models of the components but the picture is a ~2012 Dell Optiplex Medium tower so rather an old machine.

How much does a brand new machine with an entry level Ryzen G-suffix CPU like a 4350G or 3400G cost? They'll play a decent chunk of new games and the general system is capable enough to be worth putting in a better graphics card if desired.
I would be surprised if it even has a Graphics card at that price ?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I would be surprised if it even has a Graphics card at that price ?
There's a Geforce GTX logo on the image.

I'm not familiar with the (presumably) US second hand market but here in the UK you can pick up such a PC for well under £100 and there are sellers popping in cheap second hand graphics cards and selling them on as gaming PCs.

It can be a route that yields reasonable performance for the money, but there's also a fair number of sellers in that business offering overpriced and underperforming systems. A key piece of information, the graphics card model, missing from the title suggests this might be one of the latter.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom