Is This Dust On My Lens ? *Pics Inside*

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kopite4Ever, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    model is Pj-TX100

i noticed this about 6 months maybe longer ago and it never bothered me & it didnt seem to be messing with my image and dont think it is now. its the time to ask what the hell it is though. to me it looks like just the projected image on the lens so i could be totally over-reacting to something.

my camera skills arnt the best so bere with me, im on about the rectangular thing on the lens, as i said i think its just the image being projected and its on the inside of the lens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    I think it is safe to say that is just the image being projected through the lens (I assume when you took the picture there was a large blue area being projected on to you screen? ;) )

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    yep just the menu of the hitachi which is all blue. its basically what i thought it was but my room can get fairly dusty so it may have been that. cheers any ways, just need some good bloody films to get her in some use again, roll on batman :D

4. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    My pj has had little use this last couple of months due to work so I am looking forward to Batman and Land of the Dead dropping through the letterbox so she can be put to good use again :D

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    It's normal to have dust specs on the front of the lens, it's impossible to keep it 100% dust free. It shouldn't affect the image...PJ

6. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    ah well im in the know now ;) it certainly dont affect the image i cant fault it anymore, like a fine wine its gotten better with age :D even though the new panasonic is really tempting :rolleyes: & im still waiting for people to get hands on with the TX200 as well

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Interestingly, though I still get an occasional glimpse of VB on my trusty Pioneer 575 via component, I haven't seen one trace of VB with my Oppo via DVI....PJ

8. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    yep ive had my spats with VB as well documented on this forum :D but i changed some settings got alot more contrast out of the beast whilst keeping a bright punchy image and i dont even notice VB 99% of the time. ive also trained my eye not to look for it and just to enjoy the bloody film im watching :)

just reading Tx200 is quoted a 7000:1 CR ratio :eek: i want i want i want, even if it makes half of that

9. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    It's actually the D5 panels I'm more interested in - I'm a bit miffed everyone's focussing on technology we've seen before (ie dynamic iris) and not saying much about reduced VB/SDE and increased pixel fill...PJ