1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this correct ?? Help im stupid !!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by smeg, Nov 23, 2004.

1. smeg

smeg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic NV-DS65B which has a
    DV IN/OUT IEEE1394

I want to link this to my laptop download to laptop for edit and then write to DVD. What i need is somebody to tell me that the list below is what i need to do to be able to do it !!

1) I need to buy a IEEE1394 Firewire Card for my expansion slot
    2) My graphics card will be able to do the video capturing its a ATI Radeon Mobility 16Mb ?
    3) Purchase some software ie Ulead Video Capture

Now im ready ??? or not ???

Many thanks in Advance.... Jason :thumbsup:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Hi smeg and welcome to the forum :hiya:

Right, to get the video onto the laptop you need a PCMCIA firewire card. Something like:

www.ebuyer.co.uk
    Quickfind code: 58971
    £11.91 inc VAT

If the laptop is running Windows XP then you already have the editing/capture software required. XP is supplied with Movie Maker to do the job, just make sure it is upgraded to the free MM2 version (now only as part of SP2 from MS) as version 1 is far too basic.
    Next you need software to write a DVD as MM2 wont do this. If the laptop has a built in DVD burner then the chances are you will already have this supplied. If not then I can recommend Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 to create the disks as I use it. It is very easy to use and will create menus and chapters on the DVD. It can be bought from Here for about £25.

The only thing you need now is loads of disk space on the laptop as video capture will take around 13Gb per hour captured. If you need more space then you can add an external firewire or USB2.0 drive for not too much more money.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. Feel free to ask and more questions you will have ;)

Mark.