1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this component cable any good??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Dwayneburke, May 21, 2004.

1. Dwayneburke

Dwayneburke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    It gives no technical info but 45 metre's of cable and 6 connectors all for £15.99 :eek:
    I'd say up your budget a bit for off the shelf cables.
    What are you wanting to connect?

3. Dwayneburke

Dwayneburke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connecting Progressive scan DVD player to projector

4. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    don't know why everyone in the forum does not go straight to MArk Grant with their cable queries, he is in the power buy section and his products are without peer, not just my view, most other people's as well, his subwoofer cable deserves particular praise and his component cables, awesome,

5. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    You don't mention which PJ or player but I'll assume they are one of the current crop of favorites, so assuming as much, you are asking whether cables costing £16 will be decent quality for connecting hardware costing what £1000+? Personally I'd say no, but as already mentioned Marks Grants cables are apparently superb quality but for 15 metres you will be looking to pay almost £200.
    Consider DIY cables there is a wealth of info on the subject if you do a search.

6. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Sorry, forrestgump, but you're assuming there that everyone's requirements are the same as yours! Some people either can't afford to spend a that much, or don't see that the price/performance increase is justified. For example, is it REALLY worth spending £150 on one of Mark's component cables to connect a £100 DVD player to my TV? Personally, I think the difference between a £50 cable and a £100 would be hard to spot unless you're really looking for a difference. Obviously, for some, this level of performance is required, but for most people, probably not.

Mind you, I wouldn't buy the £15.99 cable instead, as the lower quality would probaby be much more noticeable.

Balders.

(No offence to Mark - I'm sure his cables are indeed excellent, as many have said on these forums, but aimed more at the high-end of the price performance scale)

7. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    you originally asked is this cable any good, no mention of your equipments value, will a £200 mains lead effect the performance of a £50 cd player, almost certainly, will a £200 component lead improve on a £100 dvd player, think so, I have a Maxim DVD player as well as my main Arcam DV88 plus, the maxim cost me £25.00, via component and a £100 lead I struggle to see the improvement over the arcam sometimes, this is not a sermon, just my opinions, if cost is an issue, buy some cable and make up your own lead, see the beekeeper's article on cabling, decent cable costs as little as £1.00 a metre!

8. Member 34135

Member 34135

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could always buy one and try it, you have seven working days to decide if you like it, if you don't you only have to pay the return carriage.

We've sold a lot of these cables and never had a return yet.

Andy.