• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is this cheap cable adequate?

DarkAngelV2

Standard Member
Hi All

Moving into my new home at the end of the month. We're wiring in two 5.1 systems to seperate rooms as well as set ups for a couple bathrooms and another bedroom of some sort.

So, i want to buy 100m of cable. Will the below be adequate for runs of up to 10m or am i going to be suffering from audible sound degregation?

The highest quality of set up we're going for is Jamo A102s (?) hooked up to a Sherwood amp.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/189-Strand-OX...yZ116853QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

cunny678

Distinguished Member
I think that would do fine for your setup!

I would just contact seller and get him to confirm the cable is clearly marked at regular invervals so you dont get connections mixed up! I bought some similar cable to run under floor and in roof space and the markings were so light it was almost impossible to distinguish between left and right (+ / -) and I ended up with speakers out of phase:eek:

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom