1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this card okay for Canon 300D?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by doctorjuggles, May 16, 2005.

1. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've found this compact flash II memory card for £65 and I was wondering if it's compatible with the Canon 300D? There are a few posts linking to the Magicstor website with a compatibility list, but I just get a 404 error page, tried going to their official site, same result.

I also noticed this thread in AVForums talking about a separate usable CF drive. I have no idea what they're talking about. I'm pretty confused all round, because Canon's website says that the 300D is Compact Flash II compatible, but the only meagre info I've found so far seems to indicate that this drive won't be compatible, so I'm just trying to find out whether I should order one or not?

Thanks for any help.

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    That card will be compatible with the 300D. However it's a microdrive, meaning it has physical moving parts whereas Type 1 CF cards which are flash memory do not.

People prefer type 1 cards as they are generally quicker and use less battery power.

3. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Cool, thanks for the reply, andrewdolphin.
    Is there a specifically recommended site for buying flash memory cheaply?

Thanks

edit: oops, sorry. just saw the sticky at the top of the page that recommends some sites.