is this burn in?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mooro, Nov 10, 2000.

1. mooro

mooro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There I was thinking I had a bargain with my £900 barco graphics 800 when I noticed a problem!

There is a very faint blue bar running right down the centre of the projected image , from top to bottom.This is more obvious if the projected background is near white. It happens whatever input I select for the projector.

I have looked into the blue tube with a torch and cannot see any evidence of burn in. In any case this would seem a strange pattern of burn in to me...I thought it usually occured as a result of highly intense image spots...such as on logos.

The blue line is only noticeable if you know it is there and actively look for it ( which of course you do because you know its there ! ). It is also less visible if you sit at a direct right angle to the screen. Perhaps I am being fussy?

2. Oasis

Oasis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The first thing to look at would be the red or green tube rather than the blue for any burn in. The reason is that with a burn the phosphor of that colour becomes less effective, not more, so a 'blue' line on white indicates more blue than Red or Green.

One way to look for what seems to be a comparitively slight burn in is to put on a low level flat field (or black, with the brightness turned way up) and look down the lenses.

If the problem is burn, you'll probably see a dimmer bar on all three colours.

If you see a brighter bar on one colour, it is probably an electronic problem.

Hope this helps!

Oasis

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like some of the internal setups on your projector are off. Not sure exactly what, but check out th Tawow forum for all the answers: www.tawforum.com
    under customer service forums, Used Barco and Electrohome forum.
    Burn in will be most apparant on the blue tube as a slightly muddy looking rectangle (4:3 ratio) on the tube face. Of course it occurs on all tubes, but it easier to see on the blue. Have a look at Cousin It's web page for some good examples: www.fastlane.net/~mberkley/home.htm

Hope this helps
    Simon www.si-tec.co.uk

4. mooro

mooro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey the board says there r two replies and i can see none!what gives?

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    You probably wont see this either.....

Go in to the "internet options" on Internet Explorer and delete the "temporary files"

I had the same problem with the board saying there were more topics and repleis thatn I could read, but when i used differetn computeres to access the site I saw different amounts of inconsistancies.

Best to email Blade when this happens so he can make sure it's our fault not theirs!

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !