Is this bad news for my LG C9?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by DarthMaster09, Jul 13, 2019.

1. DarthMaster09

DarthMaster09
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is OLED technology really this bad or am I just really unlucky? I mean, I was experiencing ABL while using my PS4 and Nintendo Switch and now I'm seeing bright lines flickering along the edges of my TV's panel. Did I make the wrong choice by getting an OLED TV? My old Samsung TV didn't give me any of these issues and it worked perfectly fine. Is OLED overrated? As of now, I'm experiencing the bright lines flickering only while using my PS4. I haven't tested to see if it occurs while using my Switch or the TV itself. Obviously this issue shows the most when the screen is pitch black. Could my TV actually be defective or is it my PS4? I played a game on my PS4 where I was in a pitch black room and I haven't noticed the bright lines flickering, thankfully. I only notice this happening while surfing the web browser on the PS4 and using the interface in general but I haven't had any issue playing games as of yet. See the video below as I demonstrate what happens, thanks.

Is this bad news for my LG C9?

2. Mad Ant

Mad Ant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Check the HDMI cable or try another one just to be sure.

3. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,447
    You say you get these lines at the edges while using your PS4. Your PS4 appears to be on a black screen. I assume this is deliberate to help the issue stand out in your video?

I'm going to take a guess and assume it's fine, if you don't see it on any other device or the TV's own apps, then don't worry about it.

I have seen something similar on games in the past where they may throw an image up during a loading screen for example, but some don't account for overscan, and you can actually see the edges of the main menu behind the new (slightly-smaller) over-layed image that's displayed during loading.

I can't be sure that your issue is similar, but if you only see it on your PS4 and nothing else - I don't think it's anything worth worrying about.