Is This An OK Gaming PC?

Roloasis

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am wanting to get in to PC gaming but only have about 350-400 quid to spend. I don't really know what to look for, that's why I need your help.

I have found this PC for 340 quid which includes a few games in with it.

The specs are:

AMD Bulldozer FX 4100 3.6Ghz Quad Core Processor / CPU
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
AMD / ATi HD7750 Graphics Card With 1GB Dedicated DDR3 Graphics Memory
1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
22x DVD-RW Optical Disc Drive
MSI 760GM-P21-(FX) uATX Motherboard (Full specifications of this board can be found here)
BUBBLE Desktop PC Micro Gaming Case
FE 10/100 LAN
6 X High Speed USB 2.0 Ports on Back Plus 2 On Front
8 Channel HD Audio
4 X SATA II 3GB/s Ports
1 X PCI Express X16 Slot
1 X PCI Express X1 Slot
1 X PCI Slot
2 X PS/2 Port (For Keyboard / Mouse)
1 X VGA Port (On Motherboard)

SUPER FAST Quad Core 4.0GHz Gaming PC 8GB 1TB AMD RADEON HD7750 Desktop Computer | eBay

Is this a good PC for the price or can I find a more powerful one within that price range.

Cheers.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi mate, do you need an OS as well? Because that build doesn't have one included, I'm afraid you'll find it quite difficult to get anything decent for £400 including the OS

Cheers for the reply mate. Well that price range isn't including the OS. I have 350-400 to spend on the PC then obviously I have 80 quid set a side for Windows.

What do you suggest is the best I can go for? Would that PC run the latest games on middle settings for example?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't really know what to look out for.

Cheers.

No worries was just making sure first.

I would steer clear of Ebay computers as they tend to use cheap PSUs which won't last very long so could go bang at any time. My suggestion to you would be to go with an APU build which would be considered the best budget gaming build this is because an APU combines both CPU and GPU in one chip. So I would recommend a build consisting of an A8-5600K or A10-5800K along with a motherboard such as the Gigabyte F2A85X-D3H. The APU will like fast RAM so I recommend 1866 MHz at least :) Hopefully this will give you an idea of what you can go with in your price range, assuming you are willing to build it yourself :) If you are then I can put up a full spec after

Thanks for the reply again mate.

I wont be building it my self unfortunately as I wouldn't no where to start tbh mate, I just want a decent PC that can play games at quite a high level without any lag, I understand 400 quid is pretty cheap for gaming PC's but it's all I can afford at this moment, I could always upgrade it in the future (Graphics card etc)

What else do you suggest, there are some ones going on Amazon that look pretty decent for the price but again I don't really know how smoothly they'd be able to play games etc.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again.

I'm guessing you have a copy of Windows already? If so I would go with something such as the following:

YOUR BASKET
1 x AMD A10-5800K Black Edition 3.80GHz (Socket FM2) APU Trinity Quad Core Processor **FREE SIMCITY PC GAME** (AD580KWOHJBOX) £99.95
1 x Gigabyte F2A85X-D3H AMD A85X Chipset (Socket FM2) DDR3 ATX Motherboard £64.99
1 x Adata XPG Xtreme v1.0 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-17100C10 2133MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit (AX3U2133XC4G10-2X) £59.99
1 x BeQuiet Efficient Power F1 400W '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply £54.98
1 x **B Grade** Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache - OEM £45.00
1 x BitFenix Merc Alpha Gaming Case - Black £32.99
1 x OcUK 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM £19.99
Total : £391.39 (includes shipping : £11.25).

You can ring OCUK up and tell them you want a build done or alternatively post at their forum in the customer service section and include your basket, also they do reply quite fast.

Last edited:
Brilliant mate, cheers! I'll get in contact with them.

What sort of performance would I get out of that PC? Would it be able to handle most games well?

Nice one mate, think I should go for this system then? Looks pretty good for the price, I'll be playing games like BF3, Skyrim etc, not bothered if I can't play it on high settings, just want it to run smoothly.

Thanks for all your help, really is appreciated.

No problem & yes of course otherwise I wouldn't have recommended it :p Like you said in future you can upgrade the graphics card as well.

Nope that's just 67 people who made the wrong choice sadly :p

My spec is easily better, 2133MHz as opposed to 1333 on Amazon, better PSU etc and A10 APU will out perform that CPU and GPU :)

Haha nice one!

Just got one more link mate:

VIBOX METEOR

It's a little bit more than what I want to pay but again looks pretty decent, how does it compare to your build? Sorry for all the questions mate, just want to make sure I make the right decision.

Cheers again!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Bad processor, not bad GPU..like I said I would steer clear of eBay computers as they use cheap PSUs and memory :)

I can assure you for £350 the A10-5800k is the way to go if you pop over to the OCUK forum it is also what everyone recommends for that kind of budget :)

Thanks a lot mate, they all said on OC that the A10-5800k is great, they did recommend me another build though, slightly more expensive but they said it'll be worth it..

1 x **B Grade** Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7850 OC Windforce 2X 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ Nexuiz, Sleeping Dogs & Dirt Showd (GX-100-GI) £129.95
1 x Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W) - Retail £92.99
1 x **B Grade** Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (S (HD-257-SE) £45
1 x TeamGroup Elite 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (TED38GM1600HC11DC01) £43.99
1 x Corsair Builder Series CX 430w Modular '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply (CP-9020058-UK) £39.98
1 x Asus P8H61-MX USB 3.0 Intel H61 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - OEM ** £39.95
1 x Zalman T2 ATX Mini Tower Case - Black £19.99
Total : £424.45 (includes shipping : £10.50)

What do you think?

Yeah I wasn't aware you were willing to stretch your budget if you are then that suggested build is along the lines of what I would go for :)

Hi welli build pcs for trade
I don't use amd quad core is no faster then a intel dual core
Graphics amd but if have less money nvedia
And a lot of people complain about build in power supplies nothing wrong with them you should get at least 2 years but for high end gaming yes i would change it
My pc if i was building intel i3
socket 1155 motherboard cannot oc i3 so nothing special
8gb ram 1600mhz
standard atx case
700w psu
2gb 7750 graphics card amd
windows 7
1tb Drive if really need it
cost 405

The 7750 graphics card is rubbish. I would never consider anything else than 7790, but 7850 is optimal for budget.

The problem with pre-built so called "gaming PCs" is that they feature decent hardware and a very poor, non-matching graphics card. To a PC novice this is unfair. I've rarely seen a a nicely balanced system being sold on eBay, or Amazon marketplace.

The OcUK spec looks good!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom