• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is this a worthy upgrade? MS 902i > MA BX2

Paulando

Established Member
Hello!

Just a quick question as to whether this is a worthy upgrade or not. I currently have a Yamaha V1065 amp, which I plan on keeping, and some Mordaunt Short 902i bookshelf fronts and 905 centre. I don't have any rears setup at the moment, but they can always come later. I also have a MS 302 sub, which I'm keen to keep hold of.

So I was thinking about upgrading to a couple of floorstanders, but I only have a limited budget. I've been looking out for a pair of used MS 908i floorstanders, but nothing seems to have cropped up near to me.

So I've been looking at replacing all three with some from the Monitor Audio BX series - to me, they're beautiful speakers, and I demo'd the BX5s and liked how they sounded too. My budget can't stretch that far though, so I'm looking at a couple of BX2s to use on my current speaker stands, and a BX centre.

So before I spent time hunting some down to demo, MS 902i > MA BX2. Worthy upgrade or not? I could always get some BX5s down the line and then use the BX2s as rears, or I could also just hold out for some 908s. I just want to get the most for my money.

Oh, and I use them for an equal amount of music, games, TV and films. Really good music performance is quite important to me though.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom