Is this a T835 (Bush from Argos)

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by LexDiamond, Mar 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LexDiamond

LexDiamond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
  2. bow79

bow79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    It does not look like it is HiDef so I do not think it is very good value at that price.

3. LexDiamond

LexDiamond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    What makes you say it is not good value? That is about right for a SD PVR from what I can see.

4. bow79

bow79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Agreed but sometimes its not much more for Hidef. I have actually had clearance models even cheaper. Richersounds have tvonics Hi def for 130 pounds, graded for 100 if they have any. Tesco clearance site on Ebay have had hi def for 50 pound in past sd for 30 with 12 month gnt. Admitedley you have to search around and strike whilst iron is hot good luck. ps argos have a clearance site on ebay too 12 month gnt usually.

5. Futaura

Futaura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Nope, definitely not a Vestel T835 box. Argos stopped selling Bush branded T835 boxes a while ago, replaced with these of unknown origin (general consensus is to leave well alone, from what I've read elsewhere). Argos are still selling Hitachi branded T835 boxes and also Bush branded T7650 boxes (HD).

I agree about the value... Going back a year or so, Argos were selling T835 boxes for £70 whereas now the cheapest there is the 320Gb Hitachi T835 for £120. Then when you compare this to the 320Gb Bush T7650 for £150, there really is no comparison - the T7650 is far better value than the T835 (even better value still at Currys with their 1Tb Logik T7650 at £160). Ever since the HD PVRs came out, the SD box prices seem to have steadily increased closer to that of the more expensive HD models.

If you want to go down the refurbished/clearance route, via ebay, etc, then T835 boxes are generally around £40-£50 and T7650 at £80. But, as time goes on, refurbished T835 boxes become a bigger risk as some of those units will be pushing 4 years of age, so they're more likely to go wrong more quickly.

6. Severn Echo

Severn Echo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just purchased the Bush HD 320 box (Vestel T7650) from ebay.
    The box is 6 months old according to the receipt. The person selling the unit said that they were given a Talktalk Youview box hence the sale. This may or may not be true however, the unit is brilliant and has not put a foot wrong in three weeks.
    The EPG is the fastest I've seen (I haven't owned any other HD PVR's but have tested the EPG speed in the shops)
    The EPG is not the most pretty being a little garish (only my opinion) but it is so simple to use.
    It may lack the media capabilities of the Humax but for TV recording it is fantastic.
    I paid £65 for mine and I'm delighted with it. I've not seen any major glitches so far.
    I did look at the TVonics box but the company has ceased trading. They are now sold by a company called pulse8 but I have no idea whether this company will support the device with software updates.

7. LexDiamond

LexDiamond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thanks. If it is not a T835 then I'm not really interested.

Like you say, and from my personal experience, T835's refurbished are too risky. I have already tried a refurb Dion which was faulty and then a Hitachi which failed soon after purchase. These have been atound too long now and there are too many sold so there are pkenty of refurbs but considering I had one last year with fw 1.9 some of the ones knocking about were first bought years ago.

I just need something to replace Play TV in a second room as the PS3 is now required elsewhere. I love PlayTV as I have the series record add on so does just what I need. So don't really want to spend too much. My initial thought was since it will never be used for live tv and only a few hours of recording a week.might give the Fox Humax T2 with USB record a try. But Grade A from Humax is 70 and then with HDD on top I am back into brand new T835 price again as I have seen the Logik SD in DSG sites at 100 and it has a T835 remote so I assume its a Vestel.

Not really interested in TVonics but the Richersounds offer for the HVR at 50 is tempting.

Stretching to the Logik HD (or going above 100 in general) means I might as well just stretch to a new PS3 and leave my Play TV in place so I guess I need to rethink my options.