• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is this a spam letter

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
I am having a new kitchen at the beginning of 2016 and this letter came through my letterbox today, i am quite suspicious by it as it is from cambridge, i have spoken to the housing association and they said that they have heard of elecheck so i have rang elecheck and they seemed to know who i was and booked an appointment for friday morning, i am still suspicious, am i right to be or is it genuine.

001.jpg

Toasty

Distinguished Member
I can't comment on this particular instance with any authority, but we had the kitchen done in our private property and the electrics were reviewed as part of that process to match current standards and have found this type of thing will trigger these kind of checks.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
How much do they want?

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
Not from me their isn't, i think the HA may have to pay though.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Yep, we used to live in HA property and this type of thing was covered by them, we had a plumbing incident once :D The HA probably want this covered as part of the kitchen work, is it through the HA that the kitchen is being re-worked?

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Shouldn't the Housing Association know who they've contracted to do this review?
Looks legit, but I'd be pushing the HA to confirm who they've appointed to do this safety check. Someone at the HA would've had to book it if it is genuine.

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
I can't understand why they are from cambridge when i'm from stockport ?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
No doubt they have regionally based staff.

I don't see a problem with this, as you don't have to pay and it should give you some peace of mind all your electrical circuitry is up to scratch.

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
Got this letter last month in october, if they were in the area it makes you wonder why they didn't knock on my door.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
Then why should you be suspicious then?
Just didn't feel right that they were sending someone from cambridge to check on my electric.

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
You didn't scribble out your name after the Dear part ... though I guess not a big issue because of your forum name
I am just glad that it wasn't my address, if that was on a public forum that would be embarrassing. :facepalm:

Phil57

Prominent Member
simonlewis said:
Just didn't feel right that they were sending someone from cambridge to check on my electric.
Who has said someone is coming from Cambridge?

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
Who has said someone is coming from Cambridge?
Well their address is based in cambridge so i just presumed they were, also i'm pretty sure i had to ring cambridge to make an appointment.

IronGiant

That's Head Office, they have a Northern office in Staffordshire and offer, and I quote, "NATIONWIDE COMPLIANCE TESTING".

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
That's Head Office, they have a Northern office in Staffordshire and offer, and I quote, "NATIONWIDE COMPLIANCE TESTING".
Yes i understand now, but at the time i thought it was dodgy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom