1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a sensible allocation of budget?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Pword, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Pword

Pword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am complete newbie and am trying to put together a home cinema system to add on to a Pioneer DV575 DVD player.

I have around £600 to play with and am not sure how to split this between an amp and speakers.

I have been looking at the Denom 1705 or Sony DB795 both at £210 and either the Mission M30i or the Mordaunt Short Premier Plus package cinema package both at around £380.

Do you think I should spend less on speakers and more on the amp or do you have any ideas for a completely different configuration.

I will probably use the system 50/50 for music and movies.

Thanks very much

Adam.

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I wouldn't pair the Missions with the Sony, might be a little too forward in presentation, they would match the Denon better I feel, the Mordaunt Shorts would be a better match with the Sony, but will also work well with the Denon.

Otherwise I think the balance you have is just right, I may suggest you spend a tiny bit more on the Denon 1905 though, it is a very good amp for the money.