Question Is this a Ruipro 8k HDMI cable?

DaddyR

Standard Member
IMG20201125202701.jpg
IMG20201125202706.jpg

Based on the brand recommendations here I bought this from Amazon to run alongside an Amazon Basics 4k cable through conduit for when I get 8k sources. I was expecting slightly posher packaging. Should I be suspicious that this isn't a Ruipro cable? Obviously I can't test its capability as I don't have an 8k source.

DaddyR

Standard Member
Also it was only £30 for 3m and I've just seen another link in a thread from today that a Ruipro 3m 8k cable should be more than £100. I might have answered my own question!

Otto Pylot

View attachment 1409879View attachment 1409880

Based on the brand recommendations here I bought this from Amazon to run alongside an Amazon Basics 4k cable through conduit for when I get 8k sources. I was expecting slightly posher packaging. Should I be suspicious that this isn't a Ruipro cable? Obviously I can't test its capability as I don't have an 8k source.
No. The Ruipro 8k cables are turquiose or teal in color (I'm bad with colors) they come in a black paper box with the same colored label, with Ruipro labeled ties, and a voltage inserter. They are definitely not black nor come in just a plastic gab. Counterfeit.

DaddyR

Standard Member
No. The Ruipro 8k cables are turquiose or teal in color (I'm bad with colors) they come in a black paper box with the same colored label, with Ruipro labeled ties, and a voltage inserter. They are definitely not black nor come in just a plastic gab. Counterfeit.
Yes, I've come to the same conclusion. I will return the item and report the seller.

Snowfire

Standard Member
That's their normal HDMI cable as it's only 3m and it is legit.

The fibre optic ones which are needed for longer distance are green in colour hence the price is a lot more.

Otto Pylot

That's their normal HDMI cable as it's only 3m and it is legit.

The fibre optic ones which are needed for longer distance are green in colour hence the price is a lot more.
The labeling indicates 8k, which would be turquiose in color. I have quite a few 2m cables that were sent to me for testing and they are all look like the picture that @mushii posted. It may be a regular Ruipro HDMI cable but the label and cable is wrong, so it is not legit.

Otto Pylot

I checked the product code against my list and it is indeed the old 8k cable that Ruipro had issues with. The only ones I've ever tested for them were the turquiose ones that had different colored connector ends that were clearly marked as Source/Display to indicate that they were active. Ruipro doesn't change their product codes on their various lines of cables which can be misleading to the consumer. I've mentioned that to them and that's why they sent me their current shipping product codes. If it was purchased directly from Ruipro, then either it was ordered wrong or someone grabbed the wrong cable. I certainly wouldn't use them tho for HDMI 2.1 because I'm not sure how reliable they will be, especially given how thick the wire gauge is.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom