• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is this a new Sagem?? Or old news ...

Amar

Established Member
It appears to be new but a stripped down version of the G4 models, ie, only 1 hdmi input, no speakers etc...

I'm hoping this will be a basic model and more 'higher end' models will follow soon.

Either that or I'm just going to get one of the G4's. I'm sick of waiting.

cyberheater

Prominent Member
Amar said:
It appears to be new but a stripped down version of the G4 models, ie, only 1 hdmi input, no speakers etc...

I'm hoping this will be a basic model and more 'higher end' models will follow soon.

Either that or I'm just going to get one of the G4's. I'm sick of waiting.

I went for the G4. 2 hdmi's + 3000:1 contrast ratio is good enough for me.

arfster

Established Member
You'd better get the G4s really quick - rumour has it they've stopped making them. Good news is the distributors are dumping stock really cheap....

Kidwhizz

Banned
That rumour re the G4s is not true, the G4 45" and 50" will continue to be manufactured according to Sagem. The HD-D45F is a stripped down version of the HD-D45H G4 T2, its silver, no virtual dolby surround sound, 1 HDMI (HDCP) and no PC VGA port. Apart from that they are the same (HD4 chipset, contrast, brightness)

arfster

Established Member
Strange, I've had two sellers tell me it's not being discontinued. Perhaps they're just not getting deliveries from higher up the chain anymore, and have assumed the rest. Still, the effect from our point of view is the same, as prices have dropped about £200 in the past week.

You're right about the removal of the VGA slot too, that's a bit of a pain - if you want to use a HTPC you have to use up the only HDMI, or go component (often poor from PCs).

Amar

Established Member
Kidwhizz said:
That rumour re the G4s is not true, the G4 45" and 50" will continue to be manufactured according to Sagem. The HD-D45F is a stripped down version of the HD-D45H G4 T2, its silver, no virtual dolby surround sound, 1 HDMI (HDCP) and no PC VGA port. Apart from that they are the same (HD4 chipset, contrast, brightness)

It appears as though you are right. I just received an email from David at AV Wow who has said the 45" G4 model won't be replaced.

There are new models due but no word on if they will be an improvement on the current G4's. It does look like they're just bringing out stripped down versions of the same tv for people who don't want all the extra's of the G4's(similar to what Pioneer have done with their 6th gen plasma's).

Olly

Standard Member
I saw one in Currys (Bromborough) last Saturday. I think the black surround looked a lot nicer than this silver one.

I wonder if they have fixed the humming noise on these sets?

fnloud

Established Member
I was speaking to David at AVWOW last night and was under the impression there has been a production problem with the 45", and the factory is tooled to make the 50" at the moment which is why stocks are very low (they had the last 2 in the UK). Didn't sound like they are stopping manufactoring the 45" model.

By the way, excellent company AVWOW.

N

nevtra

Are u sure that the set you saw was the 45f and not the s?, i have been told that currys wont get the F until April???

Kidwhizz

Banned
Currys had this model, stopped ranging it, but are now taking more stock in April. So there are still some stores with display models and maybe one or two in stock still

micflair

Established Member
Just come out of Currys and seen the `f' model for 1099quid, or 1089 cant remember, buying it this week :)

Why are they such idiots though and have it displayed with an RF input... duh!

Mick

nadeem

Standard Member
Oh no,

The silver version in currys doesn't have PC connection (VGA).
Guess i'll have to keep taking out the sky hd if & when i have use pc for hd movies/clips.

Im hoping currys will stock the G4's 50" version. 2 HDMI's would be a great advantage.

Might visit the store in brommie.

N

nevtra

Visually the set is identical to the old s model, tnheres a pic on the sagem site.

micflair

Established Member
Just come off the phone to Currys in Bolton, and was told nowhere has any instock yet apart from there display models (whats the point in that?!). They will be recieving 300units from Sagem on the 7th April they told me, I phoned a few more Currys and was told the same everytime. Then was told by one of them I could have a display model if I wanted it that bad, I'm going to check it out and probably get it later - if I do I will let you guys know the score.

Mick

nadeem

Standard Member
micflair said:
Just come off the phone to Currys in Bolton, and was told nowhere has any instock yet apart from there display models (whats the point in that?!). They will be recieving 300units from Sagem on the 7th April they told me, I phoned a few more Currys and was told the same everytime. Then was told by one of them I could have a display model if I wanted it that bad, I'm going to check it out and probably get it later - if I do I will let you guys know the score.

Mick

Cool, i dont suppose you asked them abt the G4 models?

N

nevtra

The stock they are getting is new and therefore should be G4 chipped, even the silver bottom of the range.

micflair

Established Member
Got it. Ive only got my stuff hooked up via scart at the moment, so the quality is'nt the best. I could do with some help actually here to save me a load of cash with the different connections..

1) Sky to the TV, whats the best connection here? Ive got component out and S-Video on my DVD Recorder, should I go for the component rather than the RGB Scart?

2) My PC.. Whats the best hook up for this, my laptop has only got a vga port, so how can I get this into the HMDI port on the TV?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh help!!

Thanks, Mick

nadeem

Standard Member
Dammit,

Been to currys branch in bromborough. Yes they do have over 300 Sagem dlp tv's but all are HD-D45F Silver.
They wont be getting the full range.
Saw the G4 50" in Comet and it was amazing.
Because i have vouchers from my last tv i'll be going for the sony.

arfster

Established Member
"1) Sky to the TV, whats the best connection here?"

Component is much better than Scart.

"2) My PC.. Whats the best hook up for this, my laptop has only got a vga port, so how can I get this into the HMDI port on the TV? "

You can't - HDMI is digital, VGA is analogue. Fortunately, the Sagems have a VGA port also :) (although only the GTs, the new stripped down model doesn't).

micflair

Established Member
Thanks that clears a few things up for me :)

My mrs picked up an adapter that they talked her into (dont take much)... its a vga to dvi-i adapter, is there no way i could connect that to the vga port and then a dvi-i to hdmi lead into the tv?

Mick

B

bubble7

hi ive just ordered this tv and was wondering what your views are on this tv??? how many scarts are there and how many are rgb??

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom