Question is this a good warranty from epson?

cypher007

Established Member
Reaction score
having multiple issues with a brand new tw5300. contacted Epson chat, and was told the unit would be replaced with a new one. now Epson is saying I will only ever get a quality assured replacement.

well I think this sucks. the seller in Germany seems to want to fob me off onto Epson. presumably as ive got protection from amazon? I'm not paying for shipping back to Germany.

It does seem a bit odd, particularly since you have such a new model, that there's even a replacement available.

I get the feeling that Epson have become a little less considerate in regards to how they deal with customer service issue. I'm into my second month of emails about my own unit.

just had this from Beamer Goes Pro:

Hi Adam,

All the devices we send to AMAZON are brand new and AMAZON checks it.

Anyway, you have to call Epson and they will arrange a pick up of the device and send you the new one, as they support the warranty claims. We can't do it from our position.

They will send a courier to you who will pick up the device. Just tell them that the device doesn't work properly and you would like to use your warranty privilege. It's the fastest way.

If we pick up the device, we will have to wait till it arrives, check it and use the same warranty procedure, wait for the new one and send it to you. It will takes more time.

Thanks and best regards,

Michael

so Epson are saying goto beamer and beamer are saying goto Epson.

If this is brand new, you should demand the retailer exchanges it. If they mess you around, just cancel it. Having a brand new unit exchanged for a used one is completely unacceptable.

after another 2 chat sessions with Epson. they are saying the emails are incorrect and I should be getting a new unit tomorrow. so ill update when and if it turns up.

had Equinox call me this morning and said they don't have any stock so it will be a few days before they send the new unit out.

seems Epson don't know what's going on.

Ah. Epson chat sessions... That brings back memories.

I had an EH-TW6000 that went faulty in the first 28 days, so Epson authorised the dealer to supply a new one. Except there was no stock. I was without a projector for 7 weeks...

seems familiar. Epson just phoned me with an RMA number and told me to go back to the dealer for a replacement or refund. I said yes I know you don't have stock, she said no go back to the retailer. I get the impression Epson just want to fob me off onto the retailer.

so ive just emailed them.

Keep at it. I've just had a request turned down to get a discount off purchasing a different model since mine still isn't fixed and is now long discontinued production.

Still gonna email them again though :D

This is why I ended up ordering the TW5210 the other night. I didn't need the extra features of the 5300 or 5350, I was happy to save 50 euro's and........the 5350 and 5300 listings on Amazon were non amazon sellers while the 5210 was amazon Prime so if anything went wrong I'd be dealing with Amazons no nonsense returns policy. Had to return a Cinemascope Monitor purchase about 2 years ago because of pink patches on the panel. Amazon authorised the return straight away with a prepaid return postage and I was able to return to the Irish return center. It was a refreshing and painless exercise. Fingers crossed my TW5210 isn't a duff unit :D

for godsake. beamer goes pro has now said I need to sort it with Epson as they are only a shop and don't sort out warranty claims.

should I contact amazon or just reverse the credit card payment?

ok after a lot of chat with Epson there final line seems:

As advised previously, we have no stock. We do not know when we would be expecting stock, if we will at all.

and

If you choose to wait until we have stock we cannot guarantee when this would be and we cannot guarantee that it would be for a brand new unit. We gave you the RMA number as the quickest solution for you to get a new unit.

just spoke on chat with Epson Germany and there response is as follows:

‎12‎:‎36‎:‎51 System System: Verbindung wird aufgebaut...
‎12‎:‎36‎:‎51 System System: Verbunden mit etalk.epson-europe.com
‎12‎:‎36‎:‎51 System System: Ihre Referenznummer für diese Chatsitzung ist 2025519
‎12‎:‎36‎:‎51 Kunde Adam: Anfangs Frage/Bemerkung: help
‎12‎:‎36‎:‎56 System System: Klaus Michalzik hat die Sitzung eröffnet!
‎12‎:‎36‎:‎56 null System: Verbunden mit Klaus Michalzik
‎12‎:‎37‎:‎16 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: hello
‎12‎:‎37‎:‎38 Kunde Adam: I apologise for not speaking english
‎12‎:‎37‎:‎49 Kunde Adam: German sorry
‎12‎:‎38‎:‎25 Kunde Adam: I'm having a lot of problems with a company I bought a projector from who is based in Germany
‎12‎:‎39‎:‎16 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: You stay inUK?
‎12‎:‎39‎:‎21 Kunde Adam: yes
‎12‎:‎39‎:‎33 Kunde Adam: I have already contacted Epson uk
‎12‎:‎39‎:‎47 Kunde Adam: but they don't have any stock of the projector I bought
‎12‎:‎40‎:‎03 Kunde Adam: so keep referring me back to the supplier
‎12‎:‎40‎:‎20 Kunde Adam: the supplier keeps referring me back to epson
‎12‎:‎44‎:‎16 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: which projector and what happen with it?
‎12‎:‎44‎:‎28 Kunde Adam: its a tw5300
‎12‎:‎46‎:‎31 Kunde Adam: it arrived with a focus issue in about a 1/4 of the screen and a colour issue, which shows up on grey's as a clean grey oval in the centre surrounded by a slight brown tint on the rest of the screen and a dark area on the left that has a pink tint.
‎12‎:‎48‎:‎48 Kunde Adam: I work in a college where we have a large amount of projectors, looking at the colour issue alone it looks like lcd burn.
‎12‎:‎51‎:‎41 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: ok, so the reseller has to take it back, direct for two weeks after invoice-date
‎12‎:‎52‎:‎06 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: so sent it back
‎12‎:‎52‎:‎41 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: or is there any problem with the reseller?
‎12‎:‎53‎:‎04 Kunde Adam: the reseller has said this:
‎12‎:‎53‎:‎27 Kunde Adam: Adam, we are a German company and I called Epson in Germany.

They say that Epson service in the whole Europe works the same:

1. Customer calls Epson service in his country and make a warranty claim.
2. Customer gives the serial number of the device.
3. Epson picks up the device using the courier company.
4. Epson repairs the device or replace it. (usually replace it).
5. Epson is sends back the device to the customer.

All the shipments are cost free for the customer. They can't tell you that they will send you the new piece before finishing the standard warranty procedure.

We can't replace the device, because we are not an Epson service company.

Best regards,
Michael
‎12‎:‎55‎:‎15 Kunde Adam: plus this has been ongoing for several days now, which means I'm probably over the 14 day limit
‎12‎:‎56‎:‎48 Kunde Adam: Epson has given me an RMA number, but the German company refuses to use it to exchange my unit
‎12‎:‎56‎:‎48 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: who is the reseller?
‎12‎:‎56‎:‎59 Kunde Adam: Beamer Goes Pro
‎12‎:‎57‎:‎51 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: ok, i don't know him personel
‎12‎:‎58‎:‎36 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: so, this is bad: He told you how the OSS Onsideservice goes
‎12‎:‎58‎:‎52 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: but the projector has bring in
‎12‎:‎59‎:‎55 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: but there has to be a way in UK to get a bring in warranty for your projector
‎13‎:‎00‎:‎30 Kunde Adam: every time I contact Epson uk they tell me to use the RMA with BGP then BGP tell me to go back to Epson UK
‎13‎:‎00‎:‎44 Kunde Adam: Epson has no stock of the tw5300
‎13‎:‎00‎:‎46 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: repair in Germany makes no sense, because then you need an adress here in germany
‎13‎:‎00‎:‎54 Kunde Adam: in the uk at least
‎13‎:‎01‎:‎26 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: no stock isn't important, because of an repair
‎13‎:‎01‎:‎53 Kunde Adam: its less than 30 days old, I wouldn't really want it repairing
‎13‎:‎02‎:‎10 Kunde Adam: I'm really worried
‎13‎:‎02‎:‎28 Kunde Adam: I feel like ive bought a projector I'm stuck with
‎13‎:‎02‎:‎41 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: thats not our fault
‎13‎:‎03‎:‎17 Kunde Adam: does Epson Germany have tw5300's in stock?
‎13‎:‎03‎:‎21 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: normally you get an damaged device you send it directly back
‎13‎:‎03‎:‎51 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: thats the way here in germany, two weeks is law
‎13‎:‎04‎:‎06 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: if you wait to long...
‎13‎:‎04‎:‎39 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: then is last chance the warranty, and this is repair not change
‎13‎:‎05‎:‎05 Kunde Adam: I bought it on the 1/11/15 they delivered it on the 3/11
‎13‎:‎06‎:‎01 Bearbeiter Klaus Michalzik: do not discuss with me - discuss it with the reseller
‎13‎:‎07‎:‎24 Kunde Adam: so as long as the reseller refuses to sort it I'm stuck with a faulty unit?
‎13‎:‎07‎:‎35 Kunde Adam: just so I get it straight
‎13‎:‎11‎:‎29 null System: Ende der Sitzung!

so don't buy Epson projectors as you effectively have no warranty if the retailer doesn't play ball.

In fairness to Epson... so soon to the unit shipping, it should be the retailer sorting it out. And it sounds like Epson UK could help you out but they don't have stock; but it isn't really their place to have to sort you out so soon.

I had a similarly unhelpful German experience via Amazon 3rd party marketplace - car part supplier sending out parts which weren't the brand they claimed. I filed an A-Z claim with Amazon because they wanted me to foot the bill to get the parts they had incorrectly sent me (which would have cost almost as much as the parts). I stood my ground and eventually received a full refund for the parts from Amazon - and they never collected them (must get them on ebay...) So get a claim lodged with Amazon as soon as possible if the retailer are being unhelpful. In my case it was 2 months before I got the refund.

If you bought on a credit card you may also have recourse to them.

Last edited:
how did you do it on amazon.de? I bought this through amazon.fr. I'm not sure they have a A-Z system? ill try and find it, its tricky as its all in French.

it seems they have it. but when I click on my order I don't have that option.

Ah, ok, a little different as I bought from a German seller, but it was through Amazon.co.uk marketplace
Amazon use the same login details for all their sites I think; have you tried logging in to Amazon.co.uk with your details and finding your order through there?

edit >oops, I see they let you use the login, but the orders only visible on the country of ordering's website<

ive started to get amazon.fr involved. the seller has stopped responding to my emails. I might put up a separate post warning people of this seller. amazon.fr want me to pay to ship it back to them. I'm guessing this will cost a small fortune.

I feel very sorry for you being messed around so badly over what's a brand new model and therefore should have replacenent units readily available.

ok the plot thickens. noticed Epson has the tw5300 in stock. 4 to be exact.

so asked them to change mine. response no we cant they are for people buying from the store, and are conveniently a different department, so I said I think you should make an exception in this case, they said no they are in German Epson warehouse so they cant just get one.

so there you have it, I have to now send this projector back at my expense, until amazon.fr pay me the shipping cost, and hope I get a total refund of the purchase price, not the purchase price minus the original shipping cost.

and all in part due to Epson prioritising new customers over warranty claims.

p.s. the German seller never got back to me after I demanded they change it. so be warned don't buy from:

Beamer Goes Pro or Projector Goes Pro and TopProjectors (seems the same company same phone number but on amazon uk)

Last edited:
just had beamer goes pro finally respond to my email after about 24hrs. they basically have said what im already doing, which is to send it back to amazon.fr for a refund.

Expensive lesson learned. Do you reckon you might have some joy on a refund by the end of next week ?

I understand that Richer Sounds will have a few PJs in their version of a Black Friday sale and i'm hoping to pick up something, send my current TW3200 back for repair for the umpteenth time and cut my losses whenever it's returned by selling it off cheap.

should have, though I can probably buy before I get refunded.

what in the lcd line is worth buying upto £600 though?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom