1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Glenn Keen, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Glenn Keen

Glenn Keen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local hifi shop is selling it's demo Denon AVC-A10SE & PAO-10 power amp (can't remember if it's PAO or POA. It's the gold THX Ultra one), for £1299. Is this a good price? They are willing to do it on 12 months interest free credit!

I had a demo of this system and it sounded great. Obviously the fact it had some top of the range MK speakers attached helped.

So what do you think, good deal or not?

Cheers,<br />Glenn.

2. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Glenn,

I have to post an answer to this, if only because our signatures come from the same film!

I think you can do better on this combination. I reckon I've seen it for £1299 new somewhere. If I can remember where I saw it, I'll post again.

Good luck!

3. dgj

dgj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for it. The original price for the two items was £2000 last year and they are quality goods. I would try to haggle the price a bit more (the retailer would expect that).

4. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I bought this exact same combo "Champagne AVC-A10SE & POA-T10 6 Months old on Ebay for £920.

This kit is great but this is now an old model. That price Ex-Demo should be nearer £1000.

FYI. Sevenoaks Hi-Fi in Sevenoaks have the AVC-A10SE for £1099.95 and I believe they have a current offer on the POA-T10 when bought at the same time.