1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John Langton, Apr 15, 2005.

1. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sevenoaks have offered me a Denon 3910 and an AVR3805 for £1579. With this they have also put in an £80 HDMI cable a £40 HDMI to DVI connector and the multi region for the player £20 so saving £140 and getting the player for £1440. Is this a good buy or can I find it cheaper and if so where is the best place to look

Thanks

John

2. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Hi John,

Not a bad deal. I'm about to buy home cinema package & I will be buying the 3910
    & 3805. I have found 3805 for £782 inc. delivery (I think) from http://www.petertyson.co.uk . Also a 3910 for £720 inc. delivery
    from http://www.digitaldirectuk.com 3910 also from sound & vision,
    but I had a terrible time getting a refund from them, so I wouldn't recommend.

So, total for those 2 without leads is £1502. I would check out what HDMI cable they would supply & what length it is so you can compare it on the net. You might be able to get it cheaper elsewhere. The HDMI to DVI adaptor I've been quoted
    about £25 (QED, good make) from hificables (one of the advertisers on the forums). You can find their link if you go to advertisers section (top right).

If the HDMI cable is a chord silver + which I think they cost about £80 for 1 m, but I haven't shopped around for this; then the deal is worth going for, since you'll be
    saving on HDMI to DVI connector. But if they will give you some dodgy cable you
    haven't heard of, then think again.

Sometimes deals aren't as good as they first look. However, being able to buy all
    from one retailer who you can talk to if there are problems in your setup might be worth a few extra quid.

Good luck,

Tim.

3. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Chord apparently do good cables. I'm going to get a chord silver + HDMI. At hificables.co.uk they are £71.99. As I said a QED HDMI - DVI adaptor is £25.

So even probably with the best deals on the net. All in all you will still have saved £20. You can always make sure & ask them if it's the silver + HDMI
    by chord. Otherwise I would definitely go for it. You will get good aftersales
    service with sevenoaks. If you had a problem & you bought all seperately it might be a bit of a nightmare trying to sort out.

T.