• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Is this a good Deal

chris

Been on the Sim only One plan with 3 for nealy 2 years now, but have been looking at getting an iphone 6s 64G.
Getting so near to X-Mass i did not want to buy one outright so have been looking at the deals around.
MY GOD how the price's for new contracts have gone up.........:eek::eek:.
Looked on 3, too expensive...Looked on Voda, too expensive...... Looked on tesco, EE, O2, all to expensive.
Carphone had some slightly better deals and Buymobiles.co.uk was similar, the best deal i could find was with mobiles.co.uk.
Iphone 6s 64G 24M on Voda with unlim call/text and 6GB mobile data, £150 phone cost then £35 a month.
Evern apple dont do intrest free anymore.
So i rang 3 to get my PAC and the man on the upgrades desk tried to do me a deal, but the best he could come up with was 24M Unlim calls/text 1GB data free phone £48 a month.
No Thank you, i said, so he puts me through to cancellations and the women tried to find me a better deal before giving me my PAC.
She came back with 24M Unlim Calls/text 8GB data free phone £39 month.
I'll take it, thank you very much.

That deal on there website to new or upgrading customers is £149 up front then £48 a month, or £99 up front and £50 a month.

It works out that when you take the price of the phone off, i'm paying just over £13 a month and the deal is ideal for me as i'm a very light user and use on average 900M of data 10 texts and 30mins of calls a month.

Thought that was a good deal and goes to show that 3 will do deals when they want to.
Can anyone find a better one....??

snaithg

You could take a look at GiffGaff,

Phone £620
£10pm "Goody Bag" (500mins, 1GB Data, Unlimited Text)
Use "Finance/Loan" to reduce up front cost as required.

Graham.

chris

When you take into account spreading the cost of the phone over 24 moths via finance, that dont work out to such a good deal as i got.
I dont think the deal i got can be beaten.

limegreenzx

Banned
I have 2 rolling monthly contracts (only 3G data) with the allowances you require costing £6, both are used with iphones bought from Giffgaff.
Credit card companies are falling over themselves giving away interest free credit on purchases.
I would be going back to Three and renegotiate the SIM only deal. Paying £13 for such little usage seems too much.

chris

Thats just an average usage, some times i use more, sometimes i use less, thats why i went for the 8G package...
always good to have a bit in reserve.
I could have gotten a low data pack which might of brought the price down a bit more, but looking around i can not see any deals that come close to the one i got.
There were people saying a few months ago, how 3 would not budge on there price's, evern if you were an existing customer, but i guess they must of lost too many people from the One Plan changes and have now started offering deals to keep customers.

snaithg

When you take into account spreading the cost of the phone over 24 moths via finance, that dont work out to such a good deal as i got.
I dont think the deal i got can be beaten.
I did some very quick calculations (using 12% interest) and it appeared to come out £3-£5 cheaper per month.

Giffgaff "Goody Bags" and "Giga Bags" are also a very flexible way to purchase Minutes and Data.

Graham.

chris

that dont work out cheaper.
The phone is 619 + 12%(74.28) = 693.28.
Then the nearest giffgaff package to the contract i'm getting is £18 a month for 6Gb, times that by 24 is £432, add that to the £693.28 and divide by 24 works out to just under £47pm. Thats £8 a month more than i'm paying.
Looks like i did get a good deal......:clap:

limegreenzx

Banned
It appears you've made your decision. It does make it difficult to say if it's a good deal when you change your usage so drastically.
There's a big gap between 1GB and 8GB, 30mins to unlimited. I would still buy the phone, Three charge £11 for your average usage. They're giving you nothing.

chris

My mistake for putting my usage in the original post.
I was not looking to see if anyone could find a better deal for my usage.......
I can find loads for that.
I was trying to see if anyone could find a better price for the deal i got from 3.

enigma1701

My mistake for putting my usage in the original post.
I was not looking to see if anyone could find a better deal for my usage.......
I can find loads for that.
I was trying to see if anyone could find a better price for the deal i got from 3.
Unfortunately your discovering the same issues as me earlier this year -handsets are no longer subsidised. I was quite taken aback when I was looking recently and for the tariff I'm currently on its cheaper to buy the phone outright but I'm aware that doesn't work for everybody considering the price of handsets now - well the top end of the range anyways!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom