Is this a Good Deal??

iscom

Standard Member
This is my 1st posting so here goes . . .
I have seen this deal. .
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Overclocked @ 3.80GHz, Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 featuring USB 3.0 & SATA 3, 4GB of Mushkin Silverline RAM, and an OCZ Gladiator CPU Cooler.
For £289

Is this a good deal??? . . it seems to tick all the boxes for me but my main concern is, Can I upgrade the processor at a later date (or would I be limited) and to add ram Ram at a later date, I would also hope up grade the a decent graphic card. plus am not sure if my present Power supply will need to be changed

I mostly use my PCs for DTP, Photography and Music my present PCs are a HP T805 uk (Intel P4) and a Compaq SR1819uk ( AMD)

Many thanks
ps I believe in the following " Somethings you pay a little more for a lot more, and somethings you pay a lot more for very little more"

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
This is my 1st posting so here goes . . .
I have seen this deal. .
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Overclocked @ 3.80GHz, Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 featuring USB 3.0 & SATA 3, 4GB of Mushkin Silverline RAM, and an OCZ Gladiator CPU Cooler.
For £289

Is this a good deal??? . . it seems to tick all the boxes for me but my main concern is, Can I upgrade the processor at a later date (or would I be limited) and to add ram Ram at a later date, I would also hope up grade the a decent graphic card. plus am not sure if my present Power supply will need to be changed
Assuming they don't use thermal epoxy or something on the heatsink then you should be able to upgrade it just fine - although there's no guarantee future processors will be compatible of course.

The price looks a little high, looking around it's around £140 for the processor, £80 for the motherboard and a tenner for the cooler which means they're charging £60 to put it together and overclock it.

iscom

Standard Member
The main reason I am choosing a bundle from one dealer, is to avoid the problem one item not being compatible and if a fault develops less chance of seller saying it another suppliers component.
I am not up to date and what the best processors other than AMD seem to be more competitive on prices and availability as for the boards Asus and Gigabyte seem to be very popular (am avoiding the word best) I was looking for a board which had USB 3.0, Sata 2 ( high speed), HDMI, firewire, and if it had other refinements such as fast access to internet such as express gate. As for over clocking am not so sure, having read there could be a problem when installing more ram.

I have not used much RAW images but have new software which allow me to use it more should I wish to. . .but I do have a AO printer which can print 6ft x 3ft so takes a lot of time to spool when using several photos of 14mpix images

Hence my posting here to get some advice

Berties

Banned
No problem buying parts seperatly, I mean if you buy a 1136 CPU and a AM2 motherboard, well thats your fault lol. Oh SATA 3 is out, you may want that for next gen SSD.

iscom

Standard Member
That offer finished so I bought some cheap ram (6gb) @ 14.99 per 2gb so will now buy the board as it look like a very good board for the money and shop around for the power supply and processor just a mater who offers the best value but more important who offers the best P&P as am in N.I. I just wish more sellers would use the Royal Mail ( quickest & cheapest )

Top Bottom