1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS this a good deal for Panny TH37-PE30???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by J-K, Mar 10, 2005.

1. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    John Lewis are doing the Panny TH37-PE30, with free Panny cabinet, and free delivery, and 5 year guarantee etc for £1,995. Is this a good deal? My Dad is buying a plasma too [i'm getting the Pio 435 XDE], but just wanted to know if that was a good JL deal???

I imagine it includes everything we'd need [tuner, speakers etc...]

Anyone have any thoughts on it? Is it a good screen? Any known problems with it? Anything I should look out for, or make sure off before I tell him to go for it?

If only JL sold the XDE, i'd get him to whip mine on his credit card too! Haha!!

Thanks chaps,
    JK

2. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    Yes mate sounds alright. I think the cheapest you could find that for online with a stand and delivery is about £1850.....so its really up to you. But an extra £150 for the piece of mind of 5 years warranty and returns policy of John Lewis is a bit of a bargain. I would go for the £2000 JL package bud. Sound and vision in bolton are doing it for £1850 delivered and they have a shop which means JL will price match and chuck in the 5 years warranty so it could be even better news... :smashin:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    RS have the for £1599 according to swellmel so JL should match them at that price without stand, perhaps with stand if the are a bit lax..........

4. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cool, thanks guys! But is the PE30 the right model for my old man? Not that he'll be doing anything fancier than watching a DVD [he doesn't even have Sky!] - Will this screen be good enough for him? Are there any major problems?

Or I see a lot of talk about the PW7 - is it better to go for this model considering difference in cost?

Finally - does the JL PE30 package include everything my Dad would need??? According to RS, it doesn't include a remote control in their package [which seems odd]. Does the JL PE30 include everything he'd need? Or will he need to buy some extras when he buys the screen?

Cheers!
    JK

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    JL includes TV stand (you need a mount either floor/table stand or bracket) and should have a remote for an older or less technical person is ideal has FV and analogue, easy to connect DVD player use just like a standard telly, the PW7 is a monitor display only and more complex for normal TV watching

6. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You're a star horny! Thanks! That's made up my mind! The PE30 it is! Otherwise he'll be calling me every day to come and fix something or other - and i'm nearly as useless as him with this kind stuff! I don't even know the difference between regular scart, RGB scart, and s-video etc etc etc! LOL!

Now I'm just gonna see how far I can push JL to match someone, and i'm sorted! :eek:)