1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Andy Ush, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Andy Ush

Andy Ush

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying a new 32 " tv and have been considering the Panasonic PL10 which I have price matched at John Lewis for £939. Does this seem like a good deal or are there better TVs out there for a similar price.
    Furthermore, yes I know you can get it cheaper from some internet based companies but JL does have a good reputation.

Many thanx from a former forum virgin

2. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been considering the same tv myself, I'll be interested in the replies you receive!

The other tv was the Panasonic PL30, which is the 36" 100hz tv.

Good luck in your search!

3. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I mate of mine has one on order now and it cost £865 inc delivery from Sound and Vision in Bolton and had this price matched from a local dealer.

Stan..

4. Andy Ush

Andy Ush

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only problem with JL is that when they price match the other company has to have a shop, be a like 4 like sale and have the item in stock and they also include the delivery charge.

If your mate has the details of the shop that Sound and Vision price matched with then please get him to reply on the forum cos true to JLs word my TV still hasn't arrived and if I can get a cheaper price match then they will again review the price

5. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Right Andy Ush

I finally found out for you he had this tv price matched from George Henry Lees in Liverpool with 5yr free warranty.

Not bad for £865!!

I bet John Lewis can't beat that price;) ;)

Stan....