Is this a Fualt on Toshiba 32ZD08B?

bazzae123

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just had a engineer call to look at my Toshiba 32ZD08B because of a intermittent audio fault. I was a bit surprised when he told me that the Tube was on its way out as there appears to be a reddish tinge at the edges of the screen. I have noticed this before but didn't think to much about it as to my knowledge its always been like that. It also appears to vary depending on the TV channels you are watching. When I told him the TV was only three years old he informed me that this is the expected life of a wide screen TV. Surly note. Can any body verify that this may be a fault or just a quark with this set.

Bazza

Could be a convergence error or if you've magnetically unshielded speakers too close they could have this effect. Then again maybe he's correct he saw the tube after all. Though life expectancy comment of three years was a bit optimistic - its more like one week for most before the set goes back for replacement :D

Seriously though if the sets under warranty take advantage of his comments and get it replaced under gurantee whilst you still can.

If its not still under gurantee and your otherwise happy with the set then keep it and don't worry about it until either it dies or you're ready to replace it.

Too many people (including myself) find too many problems with new sets, you'll just get angry and upset if you spend the money now and get a bad 'un with all the hassle that entails when you were otherwise happy with and could live with your existing Toshiba

Thanks M8,

The strange thing is its not constant. After he left I turned the set off for a couple of hours and then when I turned it back on it didn't look as bad. Changing different channels also saw a difference of redness in the black bars in 4:3 mode. On some channels these were completely black, and on others a slight redness. Anyway, the set has got to go in for the Intermittent audio fault ,for the second time, so I'll see what they have to say.

Bazza

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom