Is this a faulty ?

mad steve

Hi i have had a sammy for a few weeks now(le32r41bdx) ,and its been brill no dead pixels hardly ever any smearing ,sky looks very good (well most channels):thumbsup: BUT and theres always a BUT ! i have just started to notice a very very faint dark patch about 6" in from the left and 4" down ,it almost looks like a plasma burn in but not as bad as a burn in .You can only ever notice it if the screen is white all over and you are moving ,thats how i spotted it i was playing call of duty on 360 .Now i know there is no such thing as an perfect screen and on a hole i am very happy i just want to know is it a fault or is it just one of those things you have to put up with:thumbsdow

anobium

Could be about to die? I got mine on friday and at first all was well, the next day I spotted 2 dead/stuck pixels not to bothered but today I am getting crackling from the speakers when I am playing dtv and xbox360, Will be ringing samsung tommorrow. Apart from these probs have been very impressed by the looks and tv/picture quality. And even the sound untill today sounded quite bassy for tv speakers. Oh well looks like a few weeks without tv.

mad steve

Well i dont think its on its way outand its really hard to see but you know hwat its like when you spot something like that,it satnds out like a sore thumb lol.

my dad has a philips lcd and he saw three grey marks what you can only see on certain backgrounds 13 months old but still under currys warranty they took it away today to put a new screen in as they said it had gone and yours sounds like the same thing!!

mad steve

Well looking at my screen when its off and it looks like it as marks on it whats the best way to clean an lcd sceen ?

Sporran

i guess what you are seeing are pressure marks.

I know the psp suffered from similar things in the corner of the screens where the protective casing is tightened down causind the liquid crystals not to be uniform over its panel.

Like i say a pure guess.

mad steve

Sporran said:
i guess what you are seeing are pressure marks.

I know the psp suffered from similar things in the corner of the screens where the protective casing is tightened down causind the liquid crystals not to be uniform over its panel.

Like i say a pure guess.

So is that a fault or is it just one of those things :eek: I.E would samsung just laff it off and say there is nothing they can do about after all they are very faint .

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom