Is this a fast Sky BB speed?

nikonuser11

The thread heading is a bit Tongue in cheek as all I get is 290kbps d/load speed and 60kbps upload, I'm on sky unlimited but they said my line only supports up to 6MB

SIMO

i only get 1.25Mbps now i use to get 2.75Mbps with them last summer and use to get 4.90Mbps with bulldog.
I'm on there unlimited as well so it's not very good at all but it's cheap and i can't get optic or cable in Taunton yet so until that time i don't have much choice.

Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
ADSL is limited by the performance of the phone line which in utrn is mostly affected by the line length so6Mb/sec is reasonable.
My line length in Bristol is 1.34km and I get 7Mbit/sec.

nikonuser11

ADSL is limited by the performance of the phone line which in utrn is mostly affected by the line length so6Mb/sec is reasonable.
My line length in Bristol is 1.34km and I get 7Mbit/sec.

.........if it supports 6MB why do I only get max 3? (290kbps):confused:

nikonuser11

Sorry don't understand your numbers and how are you arriving at them?

BTW try not to confuse b= bits with B = bytes In this case: one byte is eight bits.

bits and bytes and bobs always confused me, they say I have a 6MB line but d/load at 290 kbps, can you express that in the proper terms please?
To a layman like me I'm getting half of what they say my line supports:mad::confused:

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
with me they say i should be getting 5 i get 4 and downloads file sharesing i get about 400kbps. so 290 seams about right

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom