is this a double layer dvd drive?

sbowler

Usually the DL in product name means it will write to R9 media, worth checking though.:D

A

alscds

I think this may give you a clue from the spec list

Combination drive : ATAPI/E-IDE Half-Height internal DVD+R / DVD+RW / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R9/ DVD-R9/ DVD-ROM / CD-R/ CD-RW / CD-ROM combination drive
Recording Function : Support Double Layer DVD+/- R9 Recording Function

rob64

Novice Member
It says it is! I bought a pioneer dual layer to back up my DVDs but have you priced up dual layer disks? yikes .

IronGiant

I have :eek: However prices may come down so it's a good idea to be compatible if you can. In the meantime I use DVDshrink: I have 2 DVDs where the plastic around the centre hole is cracking up so I needed to back them up while they were still readable.

Dave

overkill

Regmarch said:
I have :eek: However prices may come down so it's a good idea to be compatible if you can. In the meantime I use DVDshrink: I have 2 DVDs where the plastic around the centre hole is cracking up so I needed to back them up while they were still readable.

Dave
I would agree, but prices have been high for RW media for years, and show no signs of coming down, and DL may well, as it's been out a while no with no reduction in price, do the same.

Lite-on drives are pretty good, but Pioneer, LG and NEC take the VFM and write awards.