1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a decent system for the Pdp435-xde?!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mattboyslim, Mar 21, 2005.

1. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, im a 'newbie' and have been reading these forums for a while and they are full of great information. I do not know any of the technical jargon but i am after some advice please as to whether this system would all go together ok.

I have decided (eventually) to go for the Pioneer pdp435-xde, A denon dvd-3910, an Arcam AVR250 and i have decided to go for the Mission Cubes. I also have a ps2 and would this work ok with all of this?

Forgive my ignorance but i dont want to shell out a lot of money on all this only for certain cables to not be able plug into to certain sockets etc etc..

Any advice on this would be muchly appreciated :smashin:

Matt

2. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :hiya: Anybody out there? A simple yay or nay would suffice!! :rolleyes:

3. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i have only seen the pioneer playing in hi-def and obviously it looked very nice. i was very tempted myself but ended up taking the advise of everybody else and went for a panny pw7 instead. from what i hear the denons are quite fussy with certain types of media so if you use dvd-+r there may be better ones available but from what you have put down sounds like a nice system

4. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Coincidentaly I heard the Missions with the Arcam at the weekend. Didn't seem to be a good match compaired to other pairings. Have you listened to this combination, as you seem to be looking very much at the regular music side with the rest of the kit?

The rest would get a nod from me.

5. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    No, i havent listened to the missions i just like how they look and people have said they sound good. What would you suggest? I am after speakers that would be great for movies and music? Would I need an amp to go with this or is it fine as it is?

6. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I gathered that music was important to you by the choice of the Arcam, a very fine musical amp but ever-so-slightly lacking in pure AV terms.

I tested the Arcam a great deal in the past and know it well. I've heard the new missions too and they are not bad either. Just don't seem to go together well for my ear.

As for a speaker choice, well I am the last one to call that. My dealer does blind testing with me, which is how I ended up with an all Kef system. Would never of tried them in a month of Sundays. I thought I hated them... although on the home demo I had to drop a size on the fronts to gain a little more control.

7. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers for the advice, i guess i would have to get more of an all rounder amp than just one thats good for music. Will have to have a look round :smashin:

8. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry, I did not mean to put you off the Arcam. It's a very good choice, you wouild have to spend an awful lot more to get a more 'dedicated' AV amp to sound as good as the Arcam with music. It also depends if you need all the features that come with a 'bells and whistles' AV amp. (sound modes, more speakers, switching, digital connects, audio delay for lip-sync etc etc.)

As for amps with more AV bias, the latest Pioneers are pretty cool but I suspect the Denon may take your fancy as they sound ok with music too, well to my ears anyway. But I would me more inclined to look at 'your' speakers rather than the amp...

Regards,