is this a 2020 model or a 2021 , and is it a good price ?

Stan Hope

Banned
finally decided on which new tv to get after spending too long deciding if i should or shouldn't buy an OLED, went with the shouldn't option, picked a 55' 2020 Q80T, seemed a reasonable price, no sooner had i paid for it, than i received an email saying they are out of stock, gave me options of ''lesser'' televisions from the new range, as a 2021 Q80 is somewhat more expensive, then i saw this elsewhere, is this as the thread title says, 2020 or 2021 & is it a fair price ?

Last edited:

mikej

The 55" Q95T cost £1999 at the time of the AV Forums review in May 2020, so £1100 seems like a pretty good price to me. John Lewis are currently OOS and not getting any more in and Richer Sounds are down to the 'last few available' (mostly ex-display models) so I can't imagine any remaining stock in other stores will last for long, especially if the price has recently been reduced (eg. Currys).

Personally, I wouldn't pay a 4-figure sum for a TV from a retailer that didn't include a free 5+ year warranty, but it doesn't look like you'll get much choice as stocks are running out and (in the case of Currys) the recent price-drop off-sets this aspect somewhat, I guess.

Whichever model you go for, try out lots of different content straight away and make sure you're happy with the screen uniformity which can be an issue on these models.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom