1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Thetertek worth it????

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Tim Cooper, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Hi Chaps,
    Having got my hcpc ultra stable running with powerdvd xp (win98 os) I might be tempted by buying TT but don't like the idea of not being able to try first so can i ask all the TT owners here; is it worth the $69 ? how much do they charge for shipping ? would anyone be willing to let me have a play with their copy first before shelling out? is the PQ & SQ "leaps & bounds"ahead of the competition?
    Any input as usual greatly app'd
    Tim

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tim, you cant "play" with a copy beforehand as it has a decent security code linking Hard Drive and CPU into the code.

Yes its worth it.

You know where I am if you wanna come see it :)

You will of course have to sign an NDA :D

3. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Hello m8ty,
    I think i'd already resigned myself to buying TT, i was hoping to test it before i purchase it....don't you get a free period before it locks you out?????
    I may take you up on your offer to come & look but i remember i did that once before & look where that took me :D
    Yes the NDA along with a body cavity search is the price you pay when anyone comes to visit :D
    Does TT have a european outlet yet or are they still stinging people for the postage???
    Nice to hear from you
    Tim

4. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you talk to Tom Strade and explain your concern re shipping costs he'll sort you out. Say I sent you ;)

5. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just went for the $16 US postal service mail and it came within 5 days. No import duty ot VAT either, the case was marked as Software Sample, which it is until you activate it after the trial period!

6. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Neil,
    Got an email for Tom Strade at all???
    Tim