Is there such a thing?

87cricket

Standard Member
I have just bought a portable DVD player (PROLINE DVDP900WX} I wish to connect it to my projector ( Benq W100) using the component option. However the connection on the DVD player is a single one, (mini jack type) marked p-scan. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy a cable/adaptor for this? I have tried the company's helpline but no answer.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
Is the Proline's mini jack for HDMI output? If so I note your projector has DVI-I Digital with HDCP, so your better bet may actually be a HDMI to DVI cable.

87cricket

Standard Member
Thanks Mr Incredible for your reply. No I'm certain the output is not HDMI, according to the manual it is the component output, although the connection is the same size as the one for the headphones, I cannot see how this would work.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
The trouble with that lead is that it may be fine for composite video and stereo, but no ways will it do for component. The picture will be awful over that.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
At least for 3.99 it would be worth a try to see if it works though - could then make up a better one (although I have sent component over more ragged looking leads, and over starquad, and all sorts to get a better pic than composite, even ran three composite DAs next to each other as a component DA and it worked like a dream :) )

87cricket

Standard Member
Looks like this 3.5mm to component type connection does'nt exist. I can feed a composite signal from the av out, but I bought it for the component. Nevermind, thanks for your replies anyway. I can still plug the earphones in and watch a movie while everyone else is stuck on Big Brother, DIY, or how not to look fat and ugly style programmes.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom