Is there such a device that is hdmi switch with audio extractor

martkt10

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
If i get the jargon incorrect i'm a noob at this,

I'm trying to switch my nvidia shield tv, Mac mini , ps3 and an old windows computer all via hdmi to a 1080p monitor and sound to an old surround amp
that doesn't have hdmi

Is there such a device that can switch hdmi signals and extract the audio to the old pro logic amp, i have seen the cheap things on amazon,
but was hoping someone might have a bit more knowledge in such this

Many thanks for any advice given

Mart

Yes but they will cost as much if not more than a new budget AVR

HD Fury AVR Key are around £200 each. For not much more you could buy a second hand Denon AVR-X2500H

Yes but they will cost as much if not more than a new budget AVR

HD Fury AVR Key are around £200 each. For not much more you could buy a second hand Denon AVR-X2500H

My sister has offered me a Yamaha RX-V465, but know nothing about it other than it switches on! And i'm guessing its for 1080p only, though i don't have anything 4k as i sit too close

The Yamaha AVR will be ideal as it has 4 x HDMI Inputs - where you may hit a problem is the 1080p Monitor.

Are you able to test each Source device works (for video) direct to the Monitor via an HDMI cable?

Joe

Yes, as thats what i am doing at the moment swapping each hdmi cable

My experiences with monitors and AVRs is that monitors often have weird EDIDs and often have problems talking to the AVR.

It can be an issue - until the OP plugs the devices together it is hard to predict if you will hit an issue or not, if you do the HDFury Dr HDMI is the ideal solution to sit between the AVR and the Monitor.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom