Is there such a device called Component Switcher?

ChemistDude

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering wether a component switcher exists. I only have 1x Mark Grant component, scart, s-video and phono leads plastered in my wall and was wondering that in the future when HD TV is common the feeds will probably be component. However, as I only have 1 component lead which will go to my DVD(or maybe Blu-Ray) player I wont be able to get progressive TV unless theres a component splitter.

I use the component switcher, but I know some people have had problems with the same one as me, this one is meant to be excellent:

http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/1154a.asp

Newer AV amps will also switch component, although most only switch 2 or 3 inputs at the moment.

Thanks for that mate. I can now relax knowing that such as device exists!

Am I right in thinking this is how a HD signal will be passed to a PLASMA?

Coolsurfer

There's a box of tricks for every occasion - keep in mind much of what us 'Consumers' are trying to do these days is old hat in the Broadcast and AV world.

There are plenty of modern AV Receivers with multiple YUV switching - though not all of them will have a clean enough signal path once you start to introduce HD signals.

As Horny says there are also stand alone YUV/RGBHV switchers - I import the Zektor range to the UK and these start at around £240 for a 4:1 with Digital Audio switching and programmable IR control. See http://www.zektor.com

The only potential problem with your set up is the lack of a Digital Video cable - you would have been well advised to install a DVI or HDMI cable.

HDMI in particular is the way forward for a lot of the hardware manufacturers - it keeps them on-side with the Movie produces who love the fact that HDMI is an encrypted signal.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom