1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there such a adapter ?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by evolution400, Jan 14, 2005.

1. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have bought a cheap 5.1 system for my xbox which only has RCA inputs for the speakers I want to hook it up to my xbox so I get 5.1 sound I have an adapter for my xbox that can output coax, optical but only 2 RCAS so stereo only.
    Anyone know a solution ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    Sorry mate, it doesn't sound like your 5.1 system has a Dolby Digital / DTS decoder built in. This is needed to convert the digitial co-ax or optical output from the X-box into 5.1 channels your amplifer and speakers need. Theses amp/speaker systems are designed to work with DVD players that have the digital decoder built in and 5.1 RCA outputs.

The cheapest thing to do would be to return the speaker set and buy a home cinema in a box that has an optical or digital co-ax input, built in decoder, amplification and speakers.

3. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    To be honest I havent seen the system close up yet I was going to buy it of my borther I have seen a few pics the sub has an lcd screen so I assumed it had built in decoder but looks like it doesnt.
    Thanks for your input.