• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is there still not a decent Ni No Kuni style game!

Soundburst

In Memoriam
This is kind of bewildering!

Ni No Kuni could sell a million on vita.

Are there any like it? My vita is dying a death. I'd love a wee game like that or Pokemon. My 3DS gets played about 800x more than the Vita ATM ; and the 3DS has no free games lol.

Can anyone recommend a graphically good looking rpg/adventure game?

Wigandave

Check out the Conception 2 thread. Or P4G which is generally considered one of the best games on the Vita. There's also the Tales games - been one announced recently for Vita release.

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Thanks guys will check all those out on the store.

I hate how the PS Store on vita doesn't let you browse categories. You just get every single game in alphabetical order lol. It's a bit f a disaster zone

Stinja

Distinguished Member
It is not good, and very sluggish. I much prefer using the mobile phone app, check the box for Vita games only, and browse from that.

The differrent platforms arent very unified fer sure. Take the PS4 Friends List, the Vita app is weirdly much better :laugh: but then the Vita forcs you do use different apps for messages, chat, trophies etc, and all the social stuff isn't in one thing lik the PS4.

Anyway back to tentacles / JRPGs, still waiting for the perfect one.

Det

Distinguished Member
My favorite JRPG's on the Veets in order of best to worst. And worst is still on the list of my favorites so it's still really good imo!

P4G - This title blew my mind when I first played it. The only thing I don't really like is the time mechanic which means you have to be super picky and choosy when deciding what to do. Yes, I know that's a huge part of the gameplay mechanic, but I just find it limiting.
Ys: Memories of Celceta - This title was a HUGE surprise and it's just barely below P4G. It's more an action RPG in that you have to button mash a bit, but mostly it's combos. It would be a little better if there was more story and dialogue, but it is in no way bad how it is now.
FFX - The only downside to this game is I've played it before, many times, about a decade ago.
Conception II - Honestly, the only downfall of this game is the fighting mechanics. Which is a damn shame cuz it has the most potential out of all JRPG's I've ever played. So frustrating because I know it could be better! The production value on this game is immense. They did a really good job flushing out the characters and scenes and stuff. Plus, you're considered "God's Gift"... so what better game to play than one where everyone is in love with you, lol.

If you want a strict Ni No Kuni esque game then you should probably check out the Atelier games. I have the Totori one and it's ok so far... I haven't gotten very far yet. Been too distracted with games more my style.

The common problem with JRPG's now is they try to make a game way too accessible and easy to people that the challenge just isn't there anymore.

I can't wait for the Tales games to make their way out here because they will be the games that will get me through the drought if they do stop making a lot of AAA games for ma veets!

Det

Distinguished Member
Will have to check out that post later. Is it like Knee Know Koons?!

Det

Distinguished Member
Dean Koontz is one of my fav authors! Although he's gone downhill lately.

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Is Persona 4 Golden a standalone story? Does it assume I've never played jrps before and get me into its style of battles? Might get that. :)

Det

Distinguished Member
Standalone story and you'll be taken care of like the noob you are.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom