1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there something wrong?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by JES, Jan 31, 2005.

1. JES

JES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

I'm at a loss here. :suicide: I've just bought my new set of cables (on my sig), and have been using them with my system since Saturday. But something is not right! :confused: The only two things of my whole system that I didn't test when I bought them was the Tag and (obviously) the cables. I trust very much whom I bought the Tag from, but either it has a problem, or the cables have.

It's like this. I've been listening to music at around -35 / -25 db and the sound seems to come in waves, that is, it seems someone is turning the volume knob on the Tag up and down. Also, if there is no music behind, I can't here the voices or higher pitched sounds.

Now, is this a problem with the Tag, or is this "normal" behaviour for a new pair of speaker cables and analog interconnects.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

2. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Jes

Sounds like the cables could be out of phase. Have you checked to see that + and - cables are they same way round at both "ends"?

3. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If these are the interconnects, the only the right & left channels would be swopped over - not a train smash really.

but if the speaker cables were wrongly phased - you would loose out on the bass.

The worry is the description of the volume going up & down - can't hink of cable doing that!1

4. JES

JES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kenny, Caleb,

Thanks for your help. Fortunately I found out what was wrong, right after writting the post. I'm even embarassed to say what it was :blush: :suicide:
    Everything was well connected, but I somehow went over a step on the TAG configuration, which left a Center speaker active (when I don't have any) and a sub present (none also). I don't know how this could happen since I listened mainly to music (so at least the center channel shouldn't matter much). Oh, wait. I got it. Maybe it is because by default the mode for the DVD input is Prologic + THX Movies. Ok, feel free to shoot the duck (me) :clown: I'll have to find out, though, how I can change this without going to the setup - via remote.

Thanks again guys, and sorry for such an obviously overlooked "problem" :oops: :beer:

5. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I cant remember if you can do this on the SP (as its been a while since mine was a SP) but on the DP you can go into the set up menu for inputs and tell the AV32 if it sees a 44khz signal to go into stereo mode and if it sees a 48khz signal to go into multichannel mode. Problem solved :D