• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is there something wrong with my Amp?

jasjeet

Hi, i own a Pioneer 4280XD, im trying to connect it to my Amp which connects to the PS3.
The Amp is a Yamaha AX 761, and im using a PS3 Slim 120gb.

Ive connected HDMI from PS3 to HDMI DVD on the Amp, then HDMI out from the Amp to the Pioneer Input 4 HDMI.

I turn on the PS3 and i sometimes get a picture, sometimes i dont. When i get a picture, after a random amount of time, less than 2 minutes, it cuts out, sound (from amp) and picture.

If i unplug the PS3 HDMI, then re-plug it in, it works again for a little while.

On the TV i see it say HDMI 720p, then flicks green or black, then it repeats HDMI 720p logo.

Now if i remove the HDMI from the Amp to the TV, the Amp starts playing the sound, but no picture.

If i connect HDMI from PS3 to TV it works perfectly, but then i have to use Optical for Audio, and i cant get PCM formats.

Please somebody help me, ive tried 3 cables, im using That Cable HDMI's.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom