1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There Something Wrong With Me?!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Suave, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Folks!

This may upset a few folks but I have to say it! I have no particular preference for one plasma company or the other. However I would not normally buy Philips based on reliability issues and Sony tend to be quite more costly than the other mainstream makes. However (and I have been professionally told my vision is pretty darned good for a human!), everytime I go to stores, av companies etc and compare plasma screens, for some reason, it is always the Philips and Sony ones that seem to offer the best overall picture quality in terms of naturalness, sharpness, detail, contrast, depth, black levels, character fineness etc. No matter where I go. (I know some of the Pioneers, Pannys and Hitachis are fantastic individually), it just to my eyes, the Philips & Sonys have a better pic overall yet there does not seem to be much enthusiam about plasmas from this lot on the forum- is it just me or are most others just put off by price and reliabilty (or other issues)from these two makes?

Suave!

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    Quick answer, people are put off by the picture quality, and in the case of sony the overpriced product combined with a lack of inputs doesn't help matters.

At the end of the day you buy what you like, the fact people buy panasonic panels, fujitsu panels etc. with their, let's face it, boring designs compared with the Philips and Sony screens, says quite alot.

3. Yousanem

Yousanem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0