• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is there one with AC in - no adapter?

A_T

Standard Member
I hate the adapters most DAB radios use for power input. Is there a DAB that uses AC in with the traditional figure of 8 plug?

Grumpsimus

I hate the adapters most DAB radios use for power input. Is there a DAB that uses AC in with the traditional figure of 8 plug?

I assume that you mean a radio. I can not think of one, manufacturers use the adaptors so it is easy to sell the same model in different markets i.e. different power sockets, just by using another adaptor. These adaptors can be a pain, some of the larger ones stop you using the adjacent socket.

You probably have to go to a DAB mini system to get away from adaptors.

fozziebear39

I have a Bush DAB with a direct mains connection. The replacement model is in Asda for £30 odd but it has a touch panel on top so don't know if anything else is changed. It is styled to look like the old classic radios.

chriswyatt

I think the Sony XDR-S1 used the figure of 8 plug. Wasn't the best of DABs and it didn't sound fantastic considering its size, also it looked like a breadbin and had software issues (Sony Support refused to admit it was a problem with the radio, and they were very rude on the phone). That's why I sold it and went for a Pure.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom