Question Is there aPC game comparison site for newbie

silverpuma

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my son and i built our first budget PC build this month and are both getting used to this new adventure. We have bought on steam Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands and civilisation 4 to get us started. But I now realise there seem to be loads of sales on different sites. So I found this site IsThereAnyDeals and was wondering is this a good site for comparing prices or is there better sites all you guys use for comparing.

In case anyone's interested we used for our budget build a G4560, 16gb DDR4 2400, a RX 470 4gb 240ssd etc. Thanks in advance for any help or advice, it's appreciated.....

G2a.com can be an option for cheap games but from what i gather the codes (game keys ) are some what stolen , as been said from a few people in here , so i tend to keep away from them,
i have bought game keys from greenmangaming.com which seem to be ok, never any problems as of yet ,
humblebundle.com can have some really good deals every now and again ,
and there's cdkeys.com which seems to be best so far , might take a little while for newly released titles to drop in price and be a "good deal" but i have never had any problems with them , i have use them to buy PS network cards as and when i need them .
and cdkeys seem to have the best deals if you pre-order a new game before it's release date .

most game keys that are bought can be redeemed on either steam or origin .

G2a.com can be an option for cheap games but from what i gather the codes (game keys ) are some what stolen , as been said from a few people in here , so i tend to keep away from them,
i have bought game keys from greenmangaming.com which seem to be ok, never any problems as of yet ,
humblebundle.com can have some really good deals every now and again ,
and there's cdkeys.com which seems to be best so far , might take a little while for newly released titles to drop in price and be a "good deal" but i have never had any problems with them , i have use them to buy PS network cards as and when i need them .
and cdkeys seem to have the best deals if you pre-order a new game before it's release date .

most game keys that are bought can be redeemed on either steam or origin .

Thanks for that sykotik I'll have a look at your recommendations, do you use a comparison site yourself or just wait for deals to be on forums etc?

Thanks for that sykotik I'll have a look at your recommendations, do you use a comparison site yourself or just wait for deals to be on forums etc?
Na puma , if im interested in game i just have a look a around on the net and see who has the cheapest ,
which tends to be the any of them in the list above , the last game i bought was sniper elite 4 which i bought for about £30 on greenmangaming ,
but saying that , i rarely buy brand new games on release , i tend to wait a while and pick it up at a later date for a lot cheaper .

I'm in that boat as well, wait a while and enjoy the savings:) thanks again for the info.....ah just remembered, I just a few mins ago came across GameDeals • r/GameDeals can I buy any of these game deals mentioned on this site if its a US site or do I need to stay to the UK versions of these sites like steam etc? Probably a daft questions but this is all new to me

Please, never ever use G2A. They openly sell keys that have been obtained fraudulently (i.e from stolen credit card numbers), and they also sell keys that have been obtained from bundles (Humble, Bundlestars etc) at a profit. Both of these means the developers gain zero money from the sale.
If you do want cheaper games, then there are official key sellers such as Greenmangaming, who always have a discount on the price compared to steam. There is also cdkeys.com, who obtain keys from abroad or in bulk, allowing them to sell them in this country cheaper. Developers still get money from these sales.

I'm in that boat as well, wait a while and enjoy the savings:) thanks again for the info.....ah just remembered, I just a few mins ago came across GameDeals • r/GameDeals can I buy any of these game deals mentioned on this site if its a US site or do I need to stay to the UK versions of these sites like steam etc? Probably a daft questions but this is all new to me
If you click on any of the links with in Gamedeals it will take/redirect you either a UK or EU page so you should be ok , i say should as iv never bought/used gamedeals before .

keep you eye on this Bargain - Games Bargains - "You mean we can play them as well?"
there's always some deals posted every other day .

Please, never ever use G2A. They openly sell keys that have been obtained fraudulently (i.e from stolen credit card numbers), and they also sell keys that have been obtained from bundles (Humble, Bundlestars etc) at a profit. Both of these means the developers gain zero money from the sale.
If you do want cheaper games, then there are official key sellers such as Greenmangaming, who always have a discount on the price compared to steam. There is also cdkeys.com, who obtain keys from abroad or in bulk, allowing them to sell them in this country cheaper. Developers still get money from these sales.

Good to know this and I will give those guys a miss for sure. Plenty of games to choose from decent sites .....

Thanks guys you have been really helpful. We are really enjoying the gaming. I was reasonably good with tech but never played games before but im hooked.

A bit off subject but could you recommend a racing/rally game thats not too demanding for these newbies maybe a 2015/16 game so a chance of a better deal. thanks

Thanks guys you have been really helpful. We are really enjoying the gaming. I was reasonably good with tech but never played games before but im hooked.

A bit off subject but could you recommend a racing/rally game thats not too demanding for these newbies maybe a 2015/16 game so a chance of a better deal. thanks
I play forza horizon 3 , which can be bought from the W10 store ,
but you need to be using W10 to buy and play games form the store
and as an added bonus their can be "cross play" which means if you have a xbox one you can play the same game on both xbox and PC

there's dirt rally , which at the mo is about £30
DiRT Rally
but keep an eye out as it sometime goes for a lot less .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom