Is there anything suitable for this list of tricky requirements?

DJW007

Hi

So with the arrival of my new LG B1 OLED I thought it might be worthwhile to upgrade my surround system.

I've got an old Pioneer 5.1 LX 5.1 system but it's due an upgrade.

A few issues
Sub needs to be slim to fit in shelving by the TV
Can't really have a centre speaker under the TV, my current Pioneer system allows me to have both centre speakers located L & R
Rear speakers are quite close and can't be placed on the wall
Speaker cable to rear speakers is already run under wooden floor
Needs to be discreet
Preferably no large amp as I won't have the depth to hide it in the built in storage
Front speakers will be located either side of the TV (which drops down) and rears on the radiator cover

Q7000i look great but I imagine they need an amp and centre speaker would need to be under TV - mrs doesn't like the look of this.

We watch a mixture of Netflix, Prime and Sky TV, so no need for a mega set up but would like an improvement over my current Pioneer set

Is there anything suitable around £800 or less?

Attachments

• 42140799345_b849eb7b0b_c.jpg
    42140799345_b849eb7b0b_c.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 39734288383_b90c88955e_c.jpg
    39734288383_b90c88955e_c.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi

So with the arrival of my new LG B1 OLED I thought it might be worthwhile to upgrade my surround system.

I've got an old Pioneer 5.1 LX 5.1 system but it's due an upgrade.

A few issues

Q7000i look great but I imagine they need an amp and centre speaker would need to be under TV - mrs doesn't like the look of this.

We watch a mixture of Netflix, Prime and Sky TV, so no need for a mega set up but would like an improvement over my current Pioneer set

Is there anything suitable around £800 or less?

Maybe show her few pictures more if she would change her mind. The QA speakers should be noticeable step up from the super tiny Masses. With the Yamaha receiver i think close to 1k£ price could be possible if you ask around.

dm962d0xvbx51.jpg

356779.jpg

img_6112.jpg

Last edited:

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Although with small speakers like the Q Acoustics, I wouldn't recommend it but you could run in phantom mode. This would mean you are not using the centre channel at all and the left and right front speakers would fill in the audio from the missing speaker

Maybe you should look at some on-wall speakers and build the system slowly in order to get the best sounds later. you could add a pair of Dali Oberon On-walls as well as an SVS Subwoofer to create a capable 2.1 system whilst repurposing the Pioneer to drive them until funds allow something like a slimline Marantz NR1711. For the rears, you could add another pair of Dali's and you would have a 4.1 which would work as a 5.1 surround system. The audio would be a significant step up on the Q Acoustics and maybe a little more decor friendly

With the old Pioneer, you would be best using optical for streaming from the TV until you replace it as earlier HDMI-ARC systems (if it has one) could be temperamental

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom