Is there anything better than a Panasonic S30 at £450?

stephentw

Hello,

Have seen a 42 inch Panasonic S30 for £450 on Amazon. Is there anything up to £500 absolute max that is a better TV? Doesn't have to be Panasonic. Between 37-42 inch. Can't really be any bigger.

Been looking about and I can't find anything comparable unless the ST comes down in the new year perhaps?

Thanks.

vickster

Distinguished Member
UT30 if cannot afford the ST30 and desperate for 3D?

stephentw

Nah not to fussed about 3D on the set at all or is the UT30 better anyway, I heard it has a poor filter for daytime viewing, does the S30 suffer from this?

What about S30 vs ST30? I've read that the ST30 is generally regarded as better than the S30 even completely discounting 3D. It'll mainly be used for gaming and DVD and in the future blu ray.

Are prices likely to drop much in the new year? Like would the ST30 come down as much as £100 to bring it to £450? I'm not sure just how low prices tend to drop before the new models arrive around April(ish). Any ideas/guesses how big a drop the current ranges are likely to take?

Last edited:

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Nah not to fussed about 3D on the set at all or is the UT30 better anyway, I heard it has a poor filter for daytime viewing, does the S30 suffer from this?

What about S30 vs ST30? I've read that the ST30 is generally regarded as better than the S30 even completely discounting 3D. It'll mainly be used for gaming and DVD and in the future blu ray.

Are prices likely to drop much in the new year? Like would the ST30 come down as much as £100 to bring it to £450? I'm not sure just how low prices tend to drop before the new models arrive around April(ish). Any ideas/guesses how big a drop the current ranges are likely to take?

550 is very cheap, Comet did have it at 499 so may do again, but cant se otgers doing it.

stephentw

I know. It's not for me though I've already got a VT30 :) the budget went up from around 300 to 450 already so really its going to have to stop on 500 and as 3D isn't a concern the S30 looks like the best option.

Are the sets really not likely to take a dive closer to new models release?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Maybe, there will be some post Xmas deals but it is almost impossible to predict which ones...the 42ST30 is already selling at around 50% post initial launch RRP

JL will do a PM up to 28 days after purchase, so you may be lucky if Currys or Argos or someone else on the high street drop the price after Xmas (Comet have a different model number to avoid matches)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom