Is there anyone in the Maidstone area tested HDTV from Crystal Palace?

N

NewDTTBox

Hi

A friend of mine wants to see if he can get the HDTV trial in the Maidstone area. But he doesn't want to buy the equipment till he knows he can get the signal.....is there anyone near Maidstone tried receiving please.

TIA

Very unlikely. London was chosen for the trial because the geography of London (a natural basin) meant that the transmissions wouldn't travel outside of the desired reception area and cause interference to other transmissions.

in maidstone areil is most likely pointing to bluebell hill and not london...

Guys

Thanks for the comments....but I'm looking for someone who may have tried it. I realise there are issues but the only way to be sure is anyone who's tried it and their results.

well i know its not freeview but you can get bbc hd with a humax box on sat...

When I first received my iCan, I took it to a friend's house in Guildford... the HD reception (BBC test at the time) was perfect!
I know that's not near Maidstone, but the point is that the transmission range is further than the centre of London as the above poster implies.

Looking at the reception info (in Guildford), he was receiving from Crystal Palace and had a 85% signal strength and 95-100% signal quality on normal Freeview. He also had a small aerial/signal booster thing, the sort you can buy for a tenner in any TV shop.

Hope this helps.

I'm about 32 miles from CP and can get the signal but there's noise from another transmitter causing me problems

i have family at sevenoaks whom get the signal i belive from cp..i know its not maidstone coz itv is carlton and not meridian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom