Is there anybody our there?

huwg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've yet to buy/hear this live recording of The Wall :eek: .
Does anybody here recommend it to a die hard fan?
what's the quality like?

Highly rated on Amazon - but so is AMLoR :rotfl:

You know how you buy some discs, play them once, stick them on the shelf and forget you had them. That's what I did with this.

I can only remember being glad I had it and can remember only thinking it was ordnary and EMI were cashing in. But I'll play it again over the nexct few days and see if I still feel the same.

Mine came in a stupid long book style box that's a pain to store.

Idoexist said:
You know how you buy some discs, play them once, stick them on the shelf and forget you had them. That's what I did with this.

I can only remember being glad I had it and can remember only thinking it was ordnary and EMI were cashing in. But I'll play it again over the nexct few days and see if I still feel the same.

Mine came in a stupid long book style box that's a pain to store.

Thanks,
it is around £9 on Amazon (for the book version)- a bargain, but I'm worried I'll probably just end up storing it alongside my 'Shine On' boxed set - out of view, out of mind.

If you revisit it, please let me know what you think.
BTW, I very rarely play Pulse (I find it a bit slow and turgid), so this may be the same.

I'd buy it at that price, I just looked and I bought mine on 27-3-2000 for £24.99 :eek: So long ago and expensive.

I do play Pulse, but I'm spinning ITAOT as I'm doing this and it sounds better than I remember.

:smashin:

huwg said:
I've yet to buy/hear this live recording of The Wall :eek: .
Does anybody here recommend it to a die hard fan?
what's the quality like?

Highly rated on Amazon - but so is AMLoR :rotfl:

I would like to know the answer to the same question

I bought the special edition with the hardback book (very nice).

I've only listened to it once (vying for my attention with Meat Puppets II) but in some ways I prefer this to the studio version.

Mother is slower and has a lot more feeling, some songs get a longer workout (Another Brick pt 2, Comfortably Numb), some are practically identical to their studio counterparts, and others have been reworked slightly.

What shall we do now is finally on an audio CD (originally just available on the film).

Roger really adds to the theatre by goading the audience before Run Like Hell "Are there any weak people here?" and (in a really nasty dictatorial tone) orders them to "clap you hands, enjoy yourselves"

To my ears the sound is clear, James Guthrie did a great job. I don't know whether or not there have been any overdubs or many splices from different shows within the same song but the playing is top notch.

The 60 page book has some nice glossy photos and short pieces from each of the band members and others involved in the production of the show.

The only downside is the package is too tall to fit on my shelf (taller than a dvd case), so I've burned a copy for day to day use and stored the original with my 'Shine On' and Led Zeppelin boxed sets ;)

If you like the studio album, you will like this. If you don't like the Wall, this is unlikely to change your mind.

Given the low price on Amazon, I recommended this to those who are fans of the Wall :thumbsup:

It's a well recorded, good sounding version of the Wall. For those who were there (I was) it's about as faithful as you're going to get. It's not so close to the studio version as to be a waste of time, but it's embelishments are not so great that it detracts from the performance. This is something which does happen on a lot of live albums. You can forgive it while you're there, but it can be annoying listening to at home when you're not!

I would happily recommend it.

I would also agree its a pain to store!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom