Is there any way of utilising satellite dish without box?

cpt1979

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a satellite dish with an lnb out into the bedroom.

Are there any channel i will be able to view without a box?

If not what would be better a sky box or freesat?

Many Thanks

If it isn't the perforate type you ould always use it as a wok. :D

Seriously you need to use a satellite receiver. A sky digibox has more channels on its EPG free whereas some freesat boxes have two and a bit HD channels - BBC and Luxe HD plus the very part time ITV HD.

Unfortunately its got the holes, so no use as a wok.

Its for bedroom tv, so not big enough to need hd, so think i'll go for a sky box.

Thought i might have been able to receive some channels with no receiver like you could with cable.

With regards to sky receiver - would i need to acquire a sky card and what would be difference between no card and having a card?

Thanks

Unfortunately its got the holes, so no use as a wok.

Its for bedroom tv, so not big enough to need hd, so think i'll go for a sky box.

Thought i might have been able to receive some channels with no receiver like you could with cable.

With regards to sky receiver - would i need to acquire a sky card and what would be difference between no card and having a card?

Thanks

A FreesatFromSky card (one off £20 purchase or expired subscripton card) will get you a few extra channels - Five (although in a short while you will not need the card for this), Fiver, Five US, Sky 3, Setanta Sports News. and the correct ITV and BBC Regions (without a card it will be BBC1 London, ITV West Midlands and BBC2 England).

If you don't already have a Sky receiver, you can just get a small Free To Air receiver like this one for £38, then you won't need to get a Sky card at all, but as davemurgatroyd2 said, you won't get Five on it yet (soon). you do get all the regional channels though, and everything you would get on Freesat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom