Is there any way I can make this work (placement question)

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by guinness1983, Apr 13, 2016.

1. guinness1983

guinness1983
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, noob here who has spent the last 40 mins trying to read about this but needs to decide very soon and would like some case specific answers.

I have my 32'' tv in my old tv cabinet which is 720mm wide. It barely fits with maybe 2mm on each side to spare. Now, I've come across this Philips HTB4150 soundplate which is 701mm and I'm seriously considering squeezing it into my tight space. The soundplate has a forward facing speaker, which doesn't seem to be an issue to me, but the built in sub speaker faces down. I know nothing about this sort of thing but it seems to me that such a tight fit might result in lots of distortion. Is there any way this will work?

Also, last month I was looking at a display model for another unit, something at the store that was plugged in but turned off and only turned on when customers wanted to have a look. The one I'm looking at now is the store demo unit and seems to be in operation all day long and I'm worried I might be taking a bigger risk with this. Any opinions and suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. N3ptun3m00n

N3ptun3m00n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +356
    It will be fine.