• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is there any reputable sites/stores that deliver when they say....and quick

domtheone

Distinguished Member
After being shafted by Dixons, stupid :censored: :mad: i've cancelled my order for a Panasonic 37PX60 Plasma.

Was only costing me a tad over 1K as well (internet codes + Egg Card) but they aint getting my cash since they p*ssed be around with delivery.

Forget the near £200 saving it's a matter of principal. Dixons will NEVER see any of my cash again.

Am I better forking out a few hunderd quid more and going to John Lewis?

Is there anywhere that I could order tonight/tomorrow and have my new tv for the weekend?:rolleyes:

Vinny74

Established Member
Got mine from Dixons - not an easy process is it?
Even though I paid with my credit card they still felt the need to do two extra 'security checks' that took an additional 36 hours. The last one involved them calling me at the number I'd given them and asking me to tell them exactly what I'd ordered.
I was told if I did not answer their call the order would be cancelled. I work in the basement of a building and cannot get a signal on my mobile, and when I asked if I could ring them instead when I left work they said that their 'security' department did not accept calls from customers.
When I explained how difficult they were making what should have been a very simple proccess they agreed to put me through to the relevant department.

Once all the checks had been done, the order was cancelled anyway!!!!

Complained on the phone to customer services and they agreed to put the order through manually.

Luckily I still managed to get the TV delivered on the original date.

Would definately never order from them again.

craig777

Established Member
domtheone said:
Is there anywhere that I could order tonight/tomorrow and have my new tv for the weekend?:rolleyes:

I got my 42PX60 from www.letsgodigital.co.uk - can't fault 'em! If you order before 2pm-ish you'll get it the next day. They also do a Saturday a.m. delivery at no extra cost which is what I did... ordered on a Friday morning and received the Panny at 9am Saturday. I've used them a few times for pricey items and they've never let me down. :)

Edit: BTW, go for the 42" you won't regret it. I originally ordered the 37" and phoned them back an hour later and changed it to the 42" after a few members here advising me to do so. After a couple of weeks you really do get used to the size of the 42", I'm so glad I spent the extra ££.

Rygar

Prominent Member
Got mine from Empire Direct 2-3 days from ordering IIRC.

It's a day quicker if you phone in your order rather than do it online.

Having said that I would print off their webpage and try John Lewis for a price match with 5 year warranty.

Didn't work with me because I wanted the wall version which JL did not do (it has to be like for like).

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I wonder if they're any internet discount codes that can be used at online stores like PRC/RGB/Empire Direct and so on.

I'm only aware of the ones that work for Dixons/Currys......

airline1

Established Member
I have only seen the discount codes on Dixons/Currys.

As I mentioned above, if you find the cheapest price you can with any of the online or high street retailers then take that info into Powerhouse they will price match it. I got them to knock about £350 off when I went in and showed interest in the PX60.

BillBlank

Standard Member
http://www.letsgodigital.co.uk/html/product.php/cid/20/pid/458

Excellent to deal with. One tip though, get the number of the courier they use and your parcel number then ring the courier in the morning to confirm the delivery time. It's citilinkinitial and they are notorious for popping a card through the door without ringing. Mine was an hour early but the wife spotted the card on the mat within ten mninutes so we rang up the depot and got the driver to come back.

dickst3

Established Member
You could also try Richer Sounds and Sound & Vision.

I would personally steer clear of JL prices !!!!!

domtheone

Distinguished Member
dickst3 said:
I would personally steer clear of JL prices !!!!!

Unless you get a price match..

soldana

Standard Member
I'm finding Dixons to be fairly hopeless so far.

Ordered a Philips 42PF7621D last week for weekend delivery. Phoned them 3 times on Friday to find out if it was coming or not - nobody could tell me. Got an email Monday morning to say my order was cancelled - wow, what great customer service.

Placed another order Monday evening (just in time for Egg 10% cashback) for the Panasonic TH37PX60 ... will I ever see it? I'm not optimistic.

If it wasn't for the cheap price, the discount codes + the Egg cashback I wouldn't be giving them a second chance.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
soldana said:
I'm finding Dixons to be fairly hopeless so far.

Ordered a Philips 42PF7621D last week for weekend delivery. Phoned them 3 times on Friday to find out if it was coming or not - nobody could tell me. Got an email Monday morning to say my order was cancelled - wow, what great customer service.

Placed another order Monday evening (just in time for Egg 10% cashback) for the Panasonic TH37PX60 ... will I ever see it? I'm not optimistic.

If it wasn't for the cheap price, the discount codes + the Egg cashback I wouldn't be giving them a second chance.

I've given up on them. You say fairly hopeless, I say totally hopeless:D

They might be easily the cheapest (using codes and Egg card) but they aint ever getting a penny of my cash again...
Might be ordering somewhere else today....

domtheone

Distinguished Member
craig777 said:
I got my 42PX60 from www.letsgodigital.co.uk - can't fault 'em! If you order before 2pm-ish you'll get it the next day. They also do a Saturday a.m. delivery at no extra cost which is what I did... ordered on a Friday morning and received the Panny at 9am Saturday. I've used them a few times for pricey items and they've never let me down. :)

Edit: BTW, go for the 42" you won't regret it. I originally ordered the 37" and phoned them back an hour later and changed it to the 42" after a few members here advising me to do so. After a couple of weeks you really do get used to the size of the 42", I'm so glad I spent the extra ££.

Right, 1 x Panny 37PX600 (decided to splash out on the 600 rather than the 60 series) ordered from Letsgodigital.

Order placed in a few mintues and was told it should be with me tomorrow.:eek: :smashin:

Jsut can't go with the 42". Just too big right now i'm afraid. One day i'll get a monster tv/fp setup and the 37" can go in the bedroom:D

BillBlank said:
http://www.letsgodigital.co.uk/html/product.php/cid/20/pid/458

Excellent to deal with. One tip though, get the number of the courier they use and your parcel number then ring the courier in the morning to confirm the delivery time. It's citilinkinitial and they are notorious for popping a card through the door without ringing. Mine was an hour early but the wife spotted the card on the mat within ten mninutes so we rang up the depot and got the driver to come back.

Getting my tv delivered to work. Citylink often deliver at 8am to us so here's hoping they have an extra parcel in the morning.:thumbsup:

All being well i'll be back in a day or so to thank you you 2 for the tip to use these guys:rotfl:

soldana

Standard Member
Might be ordering somewhere else today....

If they don't pull their finger out soon, I will be too.
I've been without a TV for 2 weeks now .... I can see me ending up in Costco just so I can pull one off the shelf & take it straight home :)

domtheone

Distinguished Member
TV arrived at 7.50AM :thumbsup:

Got to drop it off at home at lunchtime but then i'm doing an airport run this morning so won't be able to get to it till 11pm tonight at the earliest.

One point. The delivery guy arrived 5 minutes before me and unloaded the package himself.

He stood the box up vertically:rolleyes:

When I came in I turned it 45degrees into the correct position. Just hope it hasn't damaged the tv in any way.:rolleyes:

airline1

Established Member
I dont think it would have damaged it by standing it vertically. There is more of a problem if it is laid flat due to the weight of the screen making it flex.

craig777

Established Member
I thought they were supposed to be transported vertically. 'Lets Go Digital' actually put a sticker on the box telling CityLink to keep the box upright.

Domtheone... glad you got the Panny safe and sound - told you 'Lets Go Digital' were good... :thumbsup:

airline1

Established Member
craig777 said:
I thought they were supposed to be transported vertically. 'Lets Go Digital' actually put a sticker on the box telling CityLink to keep the box upright.

I think he meant vertically as in up on end??

SlinkDaddy

Prominent Member
I hope nobody ordered from Powerhouse. Cos if they paid cash or cheque they will be screwed. Now you know why they were so eager to give the set away airline. Its a shame, i knew some good people from them believe it or not.

Just a quick question from the original post. Why do you think Dixons would want to mess someone around that bought a set using a discount code that means they lose money? If i were them and i had x amount of tvs to deliver then id deliver them to the customers that actually bought them without using a discount code that may not have been legit. Internet sites that seem too cheap to be true quite often are, if you pay nothing you are gonna get crap service. Whats wrong with buying them from a real person at a shop where you may get free installation, a bit of a deal and god knows how many years of experience backing you up if you have a prob?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom