1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any reason NOT to buy a TFT monitor right now?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by paulr, Apr 12, 2003.

1. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Would like a tft monitor,probably 15 inch,dont play games.Is there any reason to wait.Is there any reason to think prices will suddenly fall in the near future?

Thanks
    Paul..

2. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Also,anyone recommend any good deals,Dabs.com seem to have some brand names at around the £220 mark....hitachi/compaq etc.

3. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a BenQ 15" from overclockers for £220 inc. VAT. No duff pixels and 16ms response time (not that I play games very much.) Sure they'll get cheaper still but it saves so much space and it's much easier on the eye than the old 15" CRT I was using...

_

4. iwatkins

iwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

I do recall reading something in one of the computer mags recently about a new fabrication plant coming online in late spring/early summer. This apparantly means that larger LCD monitors would get cheaper as they started to ship in late summer. The advice was to hold off buying a larger (17+) LCD until this time. Lesser sized ones would also get cheaper at the same time.

Cheers

Ian

5. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Thanks Ian....i've heard that too,not sure how much difference it'll make though?

6. iwatkins

iwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

I've no idea to be honest, but I've heard suggestions that by late 2004, TFT monitors (without any toys, e.g. USB hubs etc) are hoped to be the same price as CRTs are now.

How true that is, I don't know.

Cheers

Ian