Is there any news on DTS x software ?

It has already been released for a couple of Denon avr's (7200/6200 IIRC) some Marantz avr's and processors getting it 3rd March.

Other models and manufacturers releasing over the next month or so.

What avr do you have?

Ahhaa that's the tricky one.
At the moment I'm using my oppo105 as pre with analogue outs to oldie but goldie sherbourne seven channel power amp,
But Dtsx and Atmos are calling and I'm just dipping my toe to see where to go

Indeed it's that cost effective route all the processors leap up in 1000 pound jumps

Best solution for an avr is the Marantz 7010 @ £999 which does 9.2. it's getting the DTS X update next week and use it as a processor for 11.2 channels using your sherbourne for the 7 bed channels and the marantz for the 4 heights.

Do you reckon that's as good as the new Marantz 7002 as I already have another power amp that I was going to use for other channels

7002? I assume you mean the 7702MkII, the 7702 processor will be a bit better but they are a few hundred more.

If you have the 11 channels of PA's available and the budget get the 7702MkII.:)

Hi
Yeah sorry I was writing model numbers from jaded memory without looking them up.
Must admit I do fancy that one

Although must admit that 7010 sounds interesting and save on lots of extra wires

Anyone any ideas as to when Onkyo receivers might receive the DTS X update? I've sent an email to Onkyo,but have had zero response.Thanks.

Anthem??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom