1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any DVD Rec. with jpg & mp3 on DVD reading

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ernet, Oct 25, 2005.

1. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can any DVD Recorder read (play ) jpg & mp3 files recorded on PC DVD builtin writer ?

2. denbighG

denbighG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just assumed that they all did - presumably I am wrong. My Pioneer DVR-433H does. And, having an S-video input, I can connect my old VHS recorder without the fuss that some other threads seem to identify (Panasonic thread). :thumbsup:

3. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know none of the known DVD recorders can that or .... it is my poor english..... . Let me explain again.

I have a lot of pictures ( jpg. files or mp3 filec ) on my PC's HDD. Than I can record them on CD in my PC' builtin burner and play ( see ) them on any DVD Recorder.

BUT the capicity of DVD media can store much more ( over mentioned files ) for sure. So I can record mp3 and/or jpg files on my PC's DVD Recorder. Now I do not know any of standalone DVD Player/Recorder which can recognize and play it.
    I dont't wanna boring you but ... i couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

4. narke

narke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Pioneer DVD player and a Toshiba XS34 DVD/HDD recorder, neither supports the playback of MP3's/Jpegs on DVD. Both will play MP3/Jpeg on CD,s. If I want to put large amounts of music onto a DVD I use Audio DVD Creator you can find it here

It encodes the music as a Video DVD and allows up to 45 hours of music depending on the bitrate that you use.

5. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, good idea indeed. thanks.

6. Ipmack

Ipmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The LG 7500 plays divx / mp3 / wma / jpeg from DVD as well as CD
    I think that some of the Philips and Samsung do the same

7. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I already know. I've just read Pioneer DVR 530's manual and the answer is:

jpgs - YES

mp3s - NO

8. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hello, i have a sony rx510 dvd recorder. i tried a dvd with jpegs and initially it seemed to work well, but then i realised that it was only reading a small part of what was on the disc. i get the impression it will read up to about 650-700 MBs, i.e. the capacity of a cd, and then ignore the rest.